TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Join the Kill Your Business Holiday 2008 Moroncott!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Holiday season boycott of eBay and PayPal Wrote:Operation "eBay Blackout" - 2008 Holiday Season!
This is the time we can really hurt ebay and take the wind out of the their sail. striking this holiday season will cost them more then they wanted to bargain for.

Starting October 1st, and Ending it on Jan 1, lets do it again! I know it will be difficult to do so, being it is the most craziest time of the year for sales...

http://www.strikebay.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500

Yeah, go ahead, destroy your business by boycotting the holiday season! Feed your kids cold canned dog food in a van down by the river on Christmas Day! That'll really show Ebay! :Smile  Boinktard

I feel the need to post my guide to "why boycotts don't work" again. :Smile

Quote:[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=17292.msg68196#msg68196 date=1203443737]
SNEAKY's GUIDE TO EBAY BOYCOTTS,  POLICY CHANGES, and LEVEL PLAYING FIELDS

Case Study 1: Failed boycott
1000 hobby sellers boycott -total annual GMV $10 million
1 large seller doesn't participate in boycott -annual GMV $25 million

Case Study 2: Seller protest fails to make eBay change policy
1000 protesting hobby sellers in favor of policy change -total annual GMV $10 million
1 large seller against policy change -annual GMV $25 million

Level Playing Field Definition
Every seller receives 1 vote for each $1 of annual GMV contributed.  (many mistakenly  believe level playing field means 1 vote per seller.)
[/quote]

Sneaky's Holiday 2008 Guide to Hurting Ebay:
STOP SPENDING YOUR DAYS POSTING MINDLESS BOYCOTT GARBAGE ON PSU AND SPEND THE TIME WORKING ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE INSTEAD MORONS!
:blinkie:  Happy001

Makes perfect sense to me.  Confusedtolensmiley:
I would comment on the asinine holiday boycott but this spinning 3-D globe made me dizzy and now I feel like I'm going to Puke .

Quote:Sneaky's Holiday 2008 Guide to Hurting Ebay:
STOP SPENDING YOUR DAYS STARING AT SPINNING 3-D GLOBES AND POSTING MINDLESS BOYCOTT GARBAGE ON PSU AND SPEND THE TIME WORKING ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE INSTEAD MORONS!
Look at the spinning globe phpProBid site's meta tags Happy001

Code:
<meta name="description" content="enter general site description.">
<meta name="keywords" content="enter general site keywords">
The stupidity of the PSutards knows no bounds  ;D

Quote:I am curious about the legality of a local juridiction (small town, city) passing a local sales tax, luxury tax, import tax, or whatever one wants to call it on all ebay sales. By adding say a local $100.00 per transaction fee one could effectively close down ebay sales locally. By ebay sales I mean those pasing through the juridiction.
Quote:This may then be a way to shut down ebay sales on a local level. Local towns and such can't outright ban adult book stores, for example, but they effectively get around this by putting into place restrictions as to where they can be located - so many feet from a school, etc...

Putting in a $100.00 per transaction tax on ebay transactions conducted within the local town would effectively shut down all sales. I no longer want ebay operating in my local community and I no longer want anyone operating a business via ebay either since their efforts have financially allowed ebay to destroy my ebay business, along with thousands of others.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/about22329.html

His road to ruin started when his mother dropped him on his head repeatedly when he was a small child
Quote:. I no longer want ebay operating in my local community and I no longer want anyone operating a business via ebay either since their efforts have financially allowed ebay to destroy my ebay business

This reminds me of the time John Bobbitt tried to get his city council to pass an ordinance requiring all males in his town to have their dicks cut off because... :twistedevil:
Quote:The stupidity of the PSutards knows no bounds  Grin

I don't know how you can stand reading over there........it is absolutely mind blowingly BORING, not to mention moronic.  Laughing7

[quote author=regic link=topic=18445.msg72562#msg72562 date=1222120940]
Quote:. I no longer want ebay operating in my local community and I no longer want anyone operating a business via ebay either since their efforts have financially allowed ebay to destroy my ebay business

This reminds me of the time John Bobbitt tried to get his city council to pass an ordinance requiring all males in his town to have their dicks cut off because... :twistedevil:
[/quote]

Happy001 Happy001