TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Excerpt: The Financial Crisis, McCain's Hypocrisy, and Random Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I've only done this once before.........posted one of my own blog posts, that is. Sorry.   Confusedtolensmiley:
Quote:The Financial Crisis, McCain's Hypocrisy, and Random Thoughts

NOTE: This is a long post. Please bear with me, read it, and comment. Thanks.

This election is important. This. election. is. important. So important, that it may well be the most important election in your lifetime -- I know it is in mine. The consequences of making the wrong choice are too scary to think about. We must elect the right candidate as the President, or we will be doing ourselves and our children a great disservice.

If you are willing to do the research, there are clear differences between the candidates. Think about what is important to you, and then look at what the candidate has shown you by his actions in those areas. If education is important to you, ask yourself not only what the candidates say they stand for in this area, but also what their actions tell you about who they are and what they value.

And consider these fundamental "nos". Do not vote for the guy you wish to have a beer with. Do not vote for a smile. Do not vote for down home folksy. Do not vote for the one who reminds you of your neighbor. Vote on the issues. Vote for integrity. Vote for intelligence. Vote for the best human being¹.

As many of you know, I was a Hilary supporter until the DNC. I then decided to support Obama because his beliefs most closely coincide with mine/the values that are important to me.

Yesterday, in doing some research, my choice of a candidate was validated in my own mind. I read an article on Bloomberg.com, and I knew that I had made the right choice.

The article was by Bloomberg's Washington editor, Albert Hunt. An excerpt of the most relevant passage is below. The full article is here. Please read at least the excerpt. I promise that you won't be disappointed. Bolding is mine.

Sept. 22 (Bloomberg) -- For the first time since 1932 a presidential election is taking place in the midst of a genuine financial crisis. The reaction of the candidates was revealing.

Continue  reading here.

ps..........I would have posted the entire article here, but there were too many links to code.  Confusedtolensmiley:

edit: typo