TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 10 Ways to Advertise Your Free Shipping Policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:With 60% of online shoppers cite free shipping as a reason they are more likely to shop on the web (Harris Interactive, July 2008), if you use free shipping as a marketing vehicle, you want to make sure you communicate your offer at every touch point.

In the current issue of eM+C magazine, you’ll find my article Get Your Site Into Shipping Shape This Season with ideas on how “get the most mileage” out of your free shipping offer from search engine to shopping cart (this version includes screen shots):

1. Meta Tags and Descriptions

Famous for its Free Shipping Both Ways & 365-Day Return Policy, Zappos used to include its value proposition in its title tag and meta description tags. As I blogged about back in August), this can help achieve higher click through on your listing than search results above you...

full articcle: http://www.getelastic.com/promote-free-shipping/
I also like to have a starburst or banner reminding the customer about 'free shipping' on every page. I also like to add a little item to every order over a certain amount to further entice the buyer. While everyone else is offering free shipping, I'm offering free shipping and a $5 iTunes card or something similar with the purchase. Store credit is also a great add-on because the customer will almost always return to use it and usually spend more. You might be able to get some ideas from internet marketing blogs and forums.