TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 10 Ways to Kill Your Online Business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: I have seen some of the pitfalls that both small and large companies make. Following are some of the most common mistakes I see:
1. Lack of focus: Who is your web site targeting? I thought that only small companies fell into this trap. They don’t know who they should target, of course.  But then I worked with a multibillion dollar company in creating an online marketing strategy and realized that they don’t always know the answer either.  When I asked the VP of ecommerce about the target market they were trying to reach, he said, “Well, everyone. Every online visitor is fair game.” Targeting the masses or “everyone” is essentially targeting NO ONE...

9. Lack of community: Online shoppers are fickle. They look for deals all over the place. To succeed online, you have to convince visitors to order from your site, refer their friends and family to your site, and come back to it in the future. The best way to do that is by building a real community around your website. Why do I buy books from Amazon although I know they might be more expensive than some of their competitors? Simple: I enjoy reading the reviews they offer. Think of a reason to bring people back to your website for more...

full article: http://www.toiletpaperentrepreneur.com/b...omment-604