TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 7 Places to Find Startup Money to fund your home based business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Think you've exhausted all your money-raising options? Think again. Here are seven alternative ways to fund your home based business.

Taxes...
Collectibles...
Disability help...
SBA loans...
Angel investors...
Get deposits on contracts you line up...
Barter for the products or services you need...

full article: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/0,46...37,00.html
hah, you forgot to list the funding sources to use before trying those 7 alternatives:

Quote:The most common sources of startup funds are tapping into your own piggy bank, retirement funds, insurance policies, employee severance package, a loan from a family member or friend, credit cards or a home equity loan.

I have a problem with the inclusion of #5 on that list...the odds of finding an Angel Investor for a home based business are very (very, very, very) slim.  Tongue
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1184.msg4479#msg4479 date=1131462889]
hah, you forgot to list the funding sources to use before trying those 7 alternatives:

Quote:The most common sources of startup funds are tapping into your own piggy bank, retirement funds, insurance policies, employee severance package, a loan from a family member or friend, credit cards or a home equity loan.

I have a problem with the inclusion of #5 on that list...the odds of finding an Angel Investor for a home based business are very (very, very, very) slim.   Tongue
[/quote]

Angel5  Wink

Angel
Icon_biggrin
Angel how about it.
Got some extra $$$ laying around to invest.
I'm ready to go global.
I have a new product and want to really push it in the Far East market.

Smileykoolaid

[quote author=xppman link=topic=1184.msg4547#msg4547 date=1131595497]
Angel how about it.
Got some extra $$$ laying around to invest.
I'm ready to go global.

Smileykoolaid

[/quote]

Laughing4  Your a funny guy xpp, I think your tights are stopping blood flow to the brain  Wink  This Angel only invests in her own business ventures  Angel9  Wink Wink

Angel  Angel5
Awww not even a JOINT venture?
I'll bring the papers.

Happy001
[quote author=xppman link=topic=1184.msg4547#msg4547 date=1131595497]

[/quote]

you talking about Maine?  Happy001
I think he wants to take on eBay.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1184.msg4479#msg4479 date=1131462889]

[/quote]

Other ways are donating blood, acting as a human guinea pig for lab experiments, dumpster diving for bottles and cans to get the bottle deposit fee.  Laughing4