TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Expedited Shipping: Good or Bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Economy 101 and common sense suggest that there are people out there willing to pay extra for expedited delivery. But can you profitably sell to these people? Does extra revenue bring you more margin or expose to potential disasters? As Christmas approaches do you want to go extra mile and offer 2nd day, overnight or special services deliveries?

In my experience, most of the companies are actually losing money by offering extra delivery options. Here are a few things that retailers are not used to put into equation while offering expedited shipping...

full article: http://www.optimalogica.com/2008/12/expe...ue-or.html
My company usually doesn't offer any special shipping like overnight or 2nd day. We usually ship ground unless it's international shipping. For us, it's one less thing to worry about when packing the item. Does anyone use a fulfillment services company to handle their product or marketing needs?
I got a same day courier site who delivers the shopped product within 3 hours...