TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Coming Soon To A Court Near You: 64Bay vs eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Which proves why PSU is not at all a breeding ground for a real business, and should never be the place to get info about a business.

Not one person even cared to post

Not one person in this thread (http://powersellersunite.com/post-247519.html#247519) has bothered to tell the owner of the latest PHPProBid site 64bay.com the obvious: he is guaranteed to receive a C&D from eBay and he will be sued for trademark infringement and he will lose the suit.

Type the words ebay domain in TT's search box for a small sampling of the many boinktard auction site owners who came before him and were sued for using the word 'bay' in their name.

If you have some time on your hands, follow this link and read  the details of the 706 and counting domain name disputes eBay has brought before WIPO over the years.

http://www.wipo.int/search/query.html?col=&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=1&la=en&col=domain&qm=1&st=1&nh=10&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=1&fs=&si=0&ht=100&qt=ebay
64bay on PSU Wrote:As for the website structure it is not a phppro site,it is built with the latest php programming,you cannot buy this site from a vendor,their are many scripts out there that are mass produced ,this is not one of them,
64bay on PSU Wrote:,I had this site built by a programmer,who has been working on perfecting the script and most important the security of the script.
64 bay on PSU Wrote:I did not purchase one of those clone sites

The site: http://www.64bay.com/auction/index.php

If that's not a PHP Pro Bid site then my avatar is an iguana not a shark. :Smile

EDIT:
username on site Wrote:WeWillSale
Happy001
He's clueless:

64bay Wrote:Also in one statement someone said I couldn't use the name www.64bay.com, I had the trademark office the government office to a do search on it and there's no claim to it except by me so as soon as I can I will get that done, I have the application,And I also did a search on it before I ever bought it to make sure no other company was using it or anything like it,nothing out there except street names,So www.64bay.com belongs to me,Thanks

The question isn't whether or not another company is using "64bay", the problem is that "64BAY" is similar to "eBAY" and eBay considers the use of [fill in blank]BAY to be trademark dilution.  The courts and WIPO have almost unanimously sided with eBay. (read this speech on trademark dilution by a Stanford professor explaining eBay's position in testimony before Congress).

eBay's reply when they sue for trademark infringement and unfair competition will be (wording taken from previous eBay C&D's) Similar to eBay’s EBAY mark, your 64BAY mark follows the “[term] BAY” format and combines the term 64 with the arbitrary “BAY” suffix. Your Web site’s emphasis of the distinctive “BAY” suffix...

The C&D is also almost certain to mention 64bay's infringement of eBay's 'buy it now' trademark.

sneaky Wrote:If that's not a PHP Pro Bid site then my avatar is an iguana not a shark.

It's not a legal PHP Pro Bid script.  I believe the programmer scammed him and installed a pirated copy of PHP Pro Bid and told the fool he wrote it from scratch.
Quote:the 706 and counting domain name disputes eBay has brought before WIPO over the years

The irony is that the domain name categories on eBay's own site are usually full of domain names for sale that infringe other companies trademarks and eBay has largely ignored the problem.
2 related "bay" articles here:
http://thepriorart.typepad.com/the_prior...index.html

and one here (.pdf file):
http://cooleykronish.admin.hubbardone.co...tenden.pdf

edited to add:
64bay Wrote:I jumped over there {TulipTools] to see and it had a note in a box that said I was banned from reading their forum

The only people who see "the [SMF] banned" message are people who are accessing TT from an IP address (about 200 IPs are blocked this way) that previously spammed the forum.

We also have 12,000+ IPs blocked in the firewalls of all of our servers in an effort to reduce fraud on our ecommerce sites (these blocked IPs are mainly anonymous proxies, Ghana(the entire country)/Ivory Coast/Nigeria IPs, etc.).  Since these IPs are blocked in the firewall anyone attempting to access our servers via one of these IPs sees a blank screen (i.e. their browser returns a "can't find site"  error message...they don't see a "banned" message)

Seriously though, can you believe how much time they are pissing away on this guy? Haven't visited the forum since my last little post. I seriously think PRG and BigWill are trying to write a book.

I really think she just likes to argue a point until its dead and stinky. Why waste her time on someone that won't get and doesn't stand a chance?

Oh wait, maybe that's her job being she's a professional at it over at the OSParasite.
The boinktard alert sounds:
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-24...tml#247920

Quote:I sent a support ticket today,I had bought the one I run from a reseller and he made the mods for me,but haven't heard from him since,I purchased from him because he assured me he would be there for support and the help because I did not receive anything from him

64bay 3/25 Wrote:As for the website structure it is not a phppro site,it is built with the latest php programming,you cannot buy this site from a vendor,their are many scripts out there that are mass produced ,this is not one of them,

He edited that quote on 3/28 and removed the "not" :Smile

LurkeyLou with one of the best descriptions of the eBay alternative site owners who announce their sites at PSU:

Quote:Most of the time what we're dealing with is someone who has sold some things online and has little to no professional experience, has never working in a corporate setting, has never managed employees, never worked in a customer care capacity, has no funding, no business plan and doesn't...well, you get it. These people are going to run a business for others to use as the backbone for their business?