TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: ReallyStupidDolts or What is the Conversion Rate from an Autosurf Visitor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
reallysmartdeals Wrote:SATURDAY: Auto Surf All Day LONG on Reallysmartdeals - Starts at 4:30 am Saturday morning. Ends at 7/5/09 4 am Sunday morning eastern time.

Let your finger rest for 24 hours. You will be able to rack up a ton of credits. Log in now and give it a try.
http://www.sellinglounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1826

Q. what is the conversion rate from a traffic exchange auto surf visitor?
A. ZERO!

Q. how many business sense brain cells does an ecommerce store owner who gets excited at the prospect of more hits but no sales have?
A.  Confusedtolensmiley:

Q. Is Ebay or the economy or [insert excuse] to blame for some seller's poor sales?
A. Read the entire thread on selling lounge.  Ebay wasn't responsible for dropping these idiots on their heads when they were babies.[/i]
And no matter how many times I say "Don't market to sellers" and that these surfing schemes don't work, they keep plugging it and even have plugged it on my site.

TSL has some connection to them as well as Surf 4 Bargains.

What I don't understand is that the sellers on TSL seem to have no problem getting duped into these sites. They also seem to have this need to market to other sellers instead of getting out to buyers.

I can understand having banners and such in a sig for backlinks, but when they spam promotional threads over and over knowing full well only other sellers will see them.

However, Diana did get a sale from there, so must be worth the hours and hours spent on TSL and those other two for a sale here and there. No, I don't understand it either.
RSD Wrote:We have provided this service because of the great need to make selling, shopping and buying an easy process....You do not have to wade through mounds of unrelated websites to find actual products. We have already screened out non-shopping and non-selling sites

I doubt if the average online buyer would agree that finding products by surfing traffic exchanges like RSD or Surf4Bargains is an easy process compared to the ease of finding products via comparison shopping engines which also "screen out non-shopping and non-selling sites" like TheFind, ShopWiki, Pronto, Google Product Search, or the dozens of other CSE's.

I also doubt that the average merchant would think it was easier to devote hours every week to surfing a traffic exchange with a few thousand visitors (most of them sellers) to earn credits than it is to submit an automated data feed to free CSE's with millions of visitors (most of them buyers) like Google Product Search, ShopMania, etc (or to submit your URL once to ShopWiki or TheFind to be crawled daily by their spiders)

Quote: TSL has some connection to them as well as Surf 4 Bargains.

Surf4Bargains is owned by former Plunderhere owner Suzanne who also owns Explorz
OK, and I think she is the one that created TSL for Debi. I know for sure she's the one that did the upgrade.

Now it all fits.

Creating a selling forum to market your sites that are sustained by sellers to sellers. Have another party own the site so that it doesn't seem obvious what's really going on, and get them to drive sellers to your sites. Sweet.
Quote:Surf4Bargains is owned by former Plunderhere owner Suzanne who also owns Explorz

Technically, Surf4Bargains is owned by Explorz Inc which is owned by former Plunderhere owner Suzanne. :twistedevil:

Quote:Q. what is the conversion rate from a traffic exchange

too low (and in the case of exchanges like Link Referral, too untargeted) to waste your time on.