TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Online Marketplaces, Social Aspects - Help Or Hurt Your Business And Reputation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No guessing who wrote that. They're probably doing alright on eBay, not great volume but might be hitting a decent ASP.

Part of what I find interesting (though I couldn't and don't want to slog through that entire post) is the "group" bothering with forums as part of venue reviews.

A few years ago I participated with a group of sellers in a private forum reviewing various venues. We were looking at everything but forums - how the software functioned, internet presence, customer service; that kind of stuff.

Forums are great for peer to peer assistance, info exchange and brainstorming. Forums are great for picking up a few sales through participation. Territorial sellers have convoluted forums and pushed the envelope further by turning them into "marketing" platforms.

The most successful sellers I've found at any venue through the years do not participate in venue forums. By successful I'm talking in the range of 100+ weekly >$30.00 ASP.

There's an old saying about building the latrine next to the kitchen. It works for people who choose to maintain a professional demeanor at all times. It can be a PITA for your business if you don't.

If ya' have to use a forum to make sales then the venue is useless. A better time investment would probably be moving your inventory...even if it's out to the driveway to sell.

You'll find a link at the bottom of this page that leaves no doubt who pens that blog: Ecrater Forum
http://thereevesreport.blogspot.com/2009...-post.html

And I have little doubt that this article was directed straight at Bonanzle, and it was addressed by Bonanzle management (very professionally) in the update posting.

The feedback for the author...
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=dakota_exchange&ftab=AllFeedback
I would say with the prices of the jewelry, it's possible this author has 250K/year in sales. It's also safe to say this author has a big fetish for eBay, and nowhere else, making him a little biased on finding a real alternative to eBay.

Now that he has gone the marketplace route, why not try the best route... the website route. Get those 23 sellers back together, hire someone to install 23 carts on a server and split the costs (Most eBayers can't themselves) and show those results. Then post 'em at PSU. Then DUCK!  Happy001
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18999.msg75185#msg75185 date=1252842041]
I would say with the prices of the jewelry, it's possible this author has 250K/year in sales. It's also safe to say this author has a big fetish for eBay, and nowhere else, making him a little biased on finding a real alternative to eBay.

[/quote]
Bolding mine.

Not even close! Less than $1500 in sales in the past week. There is a difference between having high priced items and actually selling high priced items.

Let the Truth be Told
Quote: * The above mentioned email proves that the site that authored the email knows that they have issues with gangs and other types of mean people;

If  the Dakota :peepants: can't deal with meanies on a forum how the hell is she going to deal with the meanies she can't run away from? Dealing with mean people is part of running a business.  Confusedmileyazwipe: customers, Confusedmileyazwipe: vendors, Confusedmileyazwipe: competitors, Confusedmileyazwipe: s in general, are part of the package.  When you encounter an Confusedmileyazwipe: you deal with it you don't go running home crying to mommy (eBay in this instance) about the meanies outside. 
Pages: 1 2