TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Amazon.com Changes FBA Terms and Spams the Hell Out of My Mailbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amazon has changed the pricing on their Fulfillment by Amazon program --not that I really care because I have: a) never signed up for FBA, b) never expressed any interest in signing up for FBA and c) haven't sold on Amazon in years.

I've received 12 emails from Amazon today -- they've spammed the customer service email addresses of 12 of my stores today with their FBA crap. None of the emails they've spammed have ever been registered with Amazon.

Quote:Fulfillment by Amazon Long-Term Storage Program

Dear FBA seller,

In order to meet Fulfillment by Amazon’s (FBA) ongoing commitment...

Not an FBA seller. Full time commitment to what...wasting my time deleting spam emails?

Quote:Welcome to FBA

FBA Selling Coach to sales

Welcome to Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)! For your convenience, we have provided some resources below to help you to expand your FBA business:

Nice way to get your numbers up for stockholders. Automatically harvest the emails of every ecommerce site and count them as FBA participants.

Sorry, I don't do business with spammers, and I don't like the idea of sharing my customer information and sales data with the Wal-Mart of the online world...so F-off Amazon Laughing7

Boinktard

edited to add:

Yay, they've hired a professional spammer er...B2B marketing agency to advertise their FBA program!

Quote:Received: from mktomail.com ([172.28.0.48])
by amazoneu-rel.mktdns.com (StrongMail Enterprise 4.1.1.6(4.1.1.6-56715)); Wed, 18 May 2011 10:12:28 -0500
X-VirtualServer: eu-vsg49-amazoneu, amazoneu-rel.mktdns.com, 172.28.5.49

Marketo Inc. -- venture funded spammer to the stars hoping to do an IPO.

--------
edit 2:

Apparently I'm not the only one that Amazon has signed up to their FBA program without permission.

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com/for...ID=2609934

I guess when the headlines read "Amazon reports huge miss on 1Q earnings" desperation sets in and you try to inflate your numbers anyway you can.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4663556/a...-earnings/

-----------

edit #3

make that 14 spam emails from Amazon and 14 spam complaints from Amy about Amazon.

spamcop.net Wrote:Welcome, spamfighter.
Your average reporting time is: 17 hours; Pretty good!

N1Lol14
After receiving a total of 16 SPAM emails from Amazon on Tuesday/Wednesday, I received 8 "oops the emails were an accident" emails today.

I used Amazon's contact form today to voice my disapproval of their harvesting of email addresses from online stores and auction sites (they even spammed AlsoShop http://www.powersellersunite.com/about38398.html), and asked them to remove the multiple email addresses of ours they harvested from their SPAM lists. This is the response I got...

grunt at Amazon FBA Wrote:** When was the last time you received one of the errant FBA emails? At this time, you should no longer be receiving any correspondence from us related to the FBA program. If this is not the case, could you please inform us? We would greatly appreciate the notification as we do not want to inconvenience our buyers or merchants unduly.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Tim G.
Amazon.com Seller Support

Dear Dufus G. , I'm not one of your "buyers or sellers". I'm a competitor whose email address you harvested and whose email server you deluged with spam.

p.s. Amazon: I'd get a new marketing agency. Sending unsolicited marketing emails that start off with a salutation of "Dear Non Given:" and "Dear Unknown:" aren't likely to win you many converts to your overpriced Fulfillment by Amazon program.
I enjoyed the disclaimer on the emails:

Quote:The contents of this email are the Confidential Information of Amazon and are subject to the terms and conditions of the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement

umm...just because you decided to inflate the FBA numbers you report to analysts by harvesting email addresses of companies and adding them to your FBA membership list does not automatically make the spam victim a party to a contract (i.e. "the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement") you idiots....although it would make a humorous court case citation if you decided to try to enforce your non-contract in court: Amazon.com Inc vs 'Non Given', 'Unknown', et al Lol Lol

another report of FBA harvesting email addresses:
http://www.weberbooks.com/selling/2011/0...s-can.html