TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay / PayPal Employee Commits Identity Theft, Impersonates ex- US President Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A registration in one of my stores:

Quote:Office Use Only:
Email: Jimmy@ jimmycarter.com
Login Name: Jimmy Carter
Login Email: Jimmy@ jimmycarter.com
IP Address: 216.113.168.139 - 216.113.168.139
Host Address: 216.113.168.139
Date and Time: Tue Jul 26 2011 8:23:11 PDT
Quote:"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0"

The IP address is eBay in Omaha (i.e. PayPal)

http://www.ip-adress.com/reverse_ip/216.113.168.139

Wikipedia on identity theft:

Quote:Identity theft is a form of fraud or cheating of another person's identity in which someone pretends to be someone else by assuming that person's identity, typically in order to access resources or obtain credit and other benefits in that person's name. The victim of identity theft (here meaning the person [i.e. President Jimmy Carter] whose identity has been assumed by the identity thief) can suffer adverse consequences if he or she is held accountable for the perpetrator's actions. Organizations [i.e. my company] and individuals who are duped or defrauded by the identity thief can also suffer adverse consequences and losses, and to that extent are also victims.

message to eBay/PayPal: you might want to police your scumbag employee's Internet surfing a little better since employer's are responsible for the actions (i.e. impersonating an ex-President) of their employees when those actions are committed from the employer's computer systems.

It doesn't instill much trust in PayPal when it allows its employees to commit identity theft using company computers. Why should anyone trust their money with an organization that allows its employees to commit identity theft? An even better question is why should anyone trust their money with an organization that hires stupid boinktards who don't even know enough to hide their real identities when they're impersonating an ex-President?