TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Progress on Feedback Changes Announced Earlier in 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:***Progress on Feedback Changes Announced Earlier in 2005*** 

November 10, 2005 | 09:26AM PST/PT

Back at eBay Live! 2005, we announced a number of changes to eBay's Feedback that we believe will address some of the top concerns members have had with the feedback system. This September, we launched the first change -- removing all feedback from users who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration (read the announcement). The response from the Community to this change has been very positive, and I'm pleased to get back to you with another update on our progress.

Here are two more upcoming changes:

1. Launching next week -- Requiring new members to complete a tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback.
      Starting next week, on eBay.com we will begin requiring members who have 10 or less feedback to complete a brief tutorial before leaving their first neutral or negative feedback. The tutorial will educate new members about the feedback system as well as ensure that they are aware of the various communication tools available to them prior to leaving feedback for their trading partner.

In addition, we'll be updating the current page that all members see prior to leaving neutral or negative feedback. The updated page will emphasize the importance of communicating with your trading partner on eBay prior to leaving feedback. It will also urge members to make sure they have given their trading partner enough time to fulfill their obligations. (This change will be introduced to all other eBay sites in early December.)

2. Launching in December -- Removing feedback ratings (not comments) left by buyers who don't participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay for an item.
      In December, we will begin automatically removing feedback ratings left by buyers who do not participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay for an item. This means the rating (whether positive or negative) will no longer affect the recipient's feedback score, although the feedback comment itself will remain. An administrative note from eBay will be added to the comment, indicating that the feedback rating was removed because the member did not participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay. (This change will go into effect on all eBay sites at the same time.)

We'll update our Announcement Board as these changes roll out, to keep you informed. Please also join us for our next workshop on feedback changes which will be held on Monday, December 5th at 1.00 pm PT. During this event, the Trust and Safety team and I will be giving you more details about the Feedback changes and answering your questions. We hope you can join us.
Quote: Removing feedback ratings (not comments) left by buyers who don't participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay for an item.

I have a problem with this.  Smile  If someone feedback bombs a seller and leaves 50 comments that say "thief is a convicted felon.  stole my money.  tortured my cat" the comments will remain for everyone to see...they should be removed along with the rating.

The removing negatives part is a joke too, because all someone has to do to "participate" in the UPI Process is reply...so if a feedback bomber replies with "bite me" the negative rating won't be removed either.

Quote:It will also urge members to make sure they have given their trading partner enough time to fulfill their obligations

How about putting some controls in place that would prevent people from leaving negatives 2 minutes after an auction closed?

The new feedback policy might stop newbies from leaving a negative, but it won't do anything to prevent feedback bombing.
eBay's feedback is such a joke.

We got our first negative yesterday from someone who said that he had not received the item he ordered 70 days prior. Only problem is that he only signed up at eBay on 10/28 and placed the order at 4:30pm which was delivered on 11/2.  He also says our customer servise is useless even though his feedback is the first we have heard of this. eBay refuses to do anything even though his feedback is patently false based on THEIR own records. As far as I am concerned, eBay is participating in a conspiracy to libel our business (maybe I have been watching too much Law & order  Smile ).

The guy has not responded to my emails asking for clarification. I have not left feedback for him yet hoping that he would respond and we could work this out but I guess I need to just leave a neg stating the facts.

Oh well, venting feels good.

Bob

Quote:eBay refuses to do anything even though his feedback is patently false based on THEIR own records

not taking an active role in feedback disputes between the buyer/seller limits their liability--the old 'we're kust a venue' defense.

Quote:as far as I am concerned, eBay is participating in a conspiracy to libel our business

the courts have never seen it that way though because of the release in the user agreement.  http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y04/m07/i26/s01
http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1090180161293
iConcepts

Sorry this happened to you.
Again I’ll reiterate to all.
ebay can NOT be this stupid.

There must be a reason they keep doing all the counter productive things they do.

My thought is that they really want out of the “Auction Biz” but
just cant tell all the shareholders that.

But that is another topic.

iConcepts if you are a large volume seller at the bay and you can prove
that have incurred losses due to this situation.

You CAN sue ebay and YOU WILL win. (I mean they will settle with you)..

Of course that will take several months of a trend that “proves”  you incurred losses
due to this bogus feedback situation that just came up.
xppman-

It is more aggravation than anything else. eBay still does what we hope it will do which is steer customers our way. eBay customers ask us with increasing frequency if they can purchase without using eBay or Paypal. I, of course, tell them that they must purchase from eBay for the rest of their eternity.  Wink

What is most annoying to me is that eBay is so quick to take credit for what was truly built on the backs of their traders while they want to take no responsibility for the abysmal low standards that they have set for both themselves and other dishonest individuals.

Bob
Quote:***More Feedback Changes Live to Site*** 

December 08, 2005 | 03:11PM PST/PT

Hi... I'm Brian Burke, Senior Marketplace Policy Manager for Feedback.

Last month we launched a change to the feedback system that requires members who have 10 or less feedback to complete a brief tutorial before leaving their first neutral or negative feedback (read the announcement). At that time, I also announced that this month we will begin removing feedback ratings left by buyers who don't respond to the Unpaid Item claim process on eBay. This change is now live.

Beginning today, we will automatically remove feedback ratings left by buyers who do not respond to the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This means the rating (whether positive, neutral or negative) will no longer affect the recipient's feedback score, although the feedback comment itself will remain. An administrative note from eBay will be added to the comment, indicating that the feedback rating was removed because the member did not participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay. This is a global change and will affect all eBay sites.

The new policy only applies to unpaid item claims filed on or after Monday, December 5th (except for those that were filed on or after December 5th and were closed before the change was fully implemented on December 8th). Eligibility is based on the Unpaid Item filing date, not when the feedback was left.

This change, as well as the other recent enhancements we've made, ensures that the feedback system continues to be a credible measure of trust. To comment on any of the recent changes, please visit the Feedback discussion board and always remember to read the Announcement Board for any future changes we may make to the feedback system.

Sincerely,
Brian Burke
Senior Manager, Marketplace Policy
Sounds like yet another piece of "it."
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1225.msg4625#msg4625 date=1131724275]
Quote: Removing feedback ratings (not comments) left by buyers who don't participate in the Unpaid Item process on eBay for an item.

I have a problem with this.  Smile  If someone feedback bombs a seller and leaves 50 comments that say "thief is a convicted felon.  stole my money.  tortured my cat" the comments will remain for everyone to see...they should be removed along with the rating.

The removing negatives part is a joke too, because all someone has to do to "participate" in the UPI Process is reply...so if a feedback bomber replies with "bite me" the negative rating won't be removed either.

The new feedback policy might stop newbies from leaving a negative, but it won't do anything to prevent feedback bombing.
[/quote]

This part is now in effect.  You may now feedback bomb your competitors, say they tortured your cat, reply "bite me" when the seller files a UPI, and both the comments and negatives will stay for all eternity.  Have fun ebayin' around!  :hoxmassnow9:

Quote:ensures that the feedback system continues to be a credible measure of trust.

:lol14n: 2funny
As usual ebay is like this:
[Image: haha.gif]

[Image: headupthere.jpg]
Pages: 1 2