TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Whats the average rate for logo design and website desig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im curious how the process works for me to find a designer and how payment and legal issues are dealt with. For a logo to be designed is it unusual for me to request the designer to show quick mockups and I decide if I will continue on or do I have to pay a deposit to first see the mockups and then approve the design? The documents that need to be signed to change ownership from the designer to me is that written up by me or the designer. How much is the average rate for a design, is this by hourly rate, flat rate?

A website I saw is 99design.ca. For 200-700 dollars you get 100-700+ designs made by several different graphic designers. Is there a reason to be cautious about this site? How does the quality differ from the traditional way?

For website design theres a website called squarespace that allows easy to customize website templates. In the graphic design community what is the consensus of this company. What are the benefits of hiring a website designer to design a website for a few grand vs square space? After the initial set up, how much are they pa