TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Poll: Who Killed FAS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=141.msg1695#msg1695 date=1126951647]
We felt an obligation to notify everyone beforehand, but we didn't feel an obligation to go bankrupt by keeping what we had built running.  Smile

I don't think that just because Matt built FAS he is obligated to update FAS, keep it free of spammers and scammers, or keep it running, BUT since he has built people's hopes up numerous times with promises that he is planning a new FAS he does have an obligation to tell people if he drops the plan (and since he has told people it will be ready "next week or next month" every time he has appeared since April, I do feel he should have appeared to say "it won't be ready next week/month" instead of just stringing people along for the past 5 months).
[/quote]

I was conciously trying to avoid the specifics of what his obligations are. I just strongly disagreed with accentnepal's "no ob theory."

But, since you brought it up, BBH, I DO believe he is minimally obligated to keep it free of spammers and scammers if he wants to keep it running. If he doesn't or can't, then he should let everyone know.
fees for joining a forum is stupid, would you pay to join a conversation?
I really do not think Matt intended to be away from FAS for so long. Things just kept getting in the way. If he has plans to re-build it and those plans keep getting pushed back then perhaps that is an insight into what is happening --  Good intentions but no time to work on them.

Yeah, not checking in at all for two months (or whatever) is pretty extreme. He is human. He built FreeAuctionScripts as a depot to pass out Auction Scripts  - a free gift to help people with their Ebay auctions. I do not know why he stuck a forum on it, probably to get feed back on the scripts or maybe 'cause he was mad at Ebay for kicking him off the stores board unjustly. Anyway I am sure he did not expect it to be a second (unpaid ) job.
Signs047

you FAS Common010
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=141.msg1737#msg1737 date=1127033548]
He is human. He built FreeAuctionScripts as a depot to pass out Auction Scripts  - a free gift to help people with their Ebay auctions. I do not know why he stuck a forum on it, probably to get feed back on the scripts or maybe 'cause he was mad at Ebay for kicking him off the stores board unjustly. Anyway I am sure he did not expect it to be a second (unpaid ) job.
[/quote]

Smileyviolin
It sounds like the answer to the poll is 8. The site owner killed his/her own site.
Checking in once a week for a few hours would have worked.   
and this new FAS business is hogwash.

good luck with that

If he has no time for the current FAS then why in the hell create a new one.  Boinktard
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=141.msg1743#msg1743 date=1127047521]
Smileyviolin
[/quote]

I agree.
If I admit to killing it will you stop giving me bad karma?  Common051

SmileybankerflameSmileydancingbear Smileybankerflame Smileydancingbear

Pages: 1 2 3