TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Poll: Who Killed FAS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who (if anyone) was responsible for "killing FAS"/causing Matt to lose interest in the site to such an extent that he neglected to renew the domain name?  Below are some of the early nominees from various boards.  If you have additional nominees/culprits you would like added to the poll feel free to submit them.  Wink

*yes, its all about increasing the page views and Alexa ranking, and threads like this are a very cheap way of doing that.  :blinkie: :blinkie: wombat poo poo did I just say that?  :blinkie: :blinkie: *

Early nominees:

1. Bowlady and Visarts (also known as Bowlegged and Vicious):

"Bow & Visi did it"
"my theory is that it was due to Bowlady and Visarts, and not Wagglepop"

2. BBH (also known as The boinking Bears):

"The guy has just up and vanished! It was probably something YOU said to him that made him mad! Way to go! "  --note: odds are this comment is in reference to our comments to the FAS owner in May after Sundance and XPPMan received warnings from the FAS owner, and our comments in June after Sundance was banned.
3. Wagglepop (also known as Ray Romeo)

" Why do I have the feeling Wagglepop is to blame for all of this. All of the silliness that came out of it..."

4. The Plum Wars (also known as the original mudslinging thread)

" My other theory has to do with plum wars."

5. eBay (also known as the conspiracy theory)

"- I think I figured it our btw - EBAY broke FAS and all other talk spots to keep us from only using them for SOME of our business!"

6. Who Really Gives A boink Anyways?

"All of this speculation and "where's Matt" crap is just stupid. Go out and get some fresh air. You won't die from lack of posting."

7. All of the Above

>Big Grin :twistedevil:
You forgot one...

#7 ALL OF THE ABOVE  Wink

Angel  Angel1
Well lets see!

How many emails can a person handle before he gives up???  Evil4  Tongue1  BangHead

1.  I would have liked to say that Bowlegged and Vicious did it, but I don't think Matt has time for that!  He probably received dozens of emails about the 2 of them! Evil4 

2.  I bet what annoyed Matt the most in Sundance's case, is all the emails he was receiving about it, he wanted to put an end to it so he banned her! 
3.  I vote for WP!  Puke

4.  Does he even know what the Plum Wars are? I don't think he was around much at the time.   Glasses10

5.  eBay???  Icon_scratch

6.  Lots of good info there (excluding WP, I don't care anymore if the WP forum goes poof)  Smile  edited: most of the info on FAS is replacable, but I am glad FAS was created!

I still believe he's going to set up the new site when he comes back (my vote goes for TT so far)!   Toothy9

Angel1
Well I'm quoted above with my Visi/Bow theory, but actually, BBH did give Matt a few headaches ...  Pain10  Smileyyellowbang
Angel7 Angel8 Angel Angel1

Quote:7. All of the Above

>Big Grin

Cute BBH, you slipped that revision right in there lol  Wink

Honestly though I really dont think its dead yet.  Matt is on vacation so just wait till he gets back and see what happens.  Ginger said that the last time she spoke to him he was working on the new FAS and excited about it.  I really dont believe that he just up and abandoned everything.

Again thats just my 2 cents worth

Angel  Angel5
Betcha can't guess which one I voted for!!  :twistedevil: Violent1 Pottytrain5  Happy001

I'm glad to hear that Matt is working on a new FAS, but to be honest, I'll believe it when I see it.  Bs The Wagglepop section could have been removed/archived/whatever a long time ago, and it wasn't. He said he had big plans for the current FAS, and we never saw anything.  Protest I don't mean to be critical,  Confused1 and I know he's a very busy guy. Maybe he just tries to do too much. So...we'll just see what happens when Matt is back from vacation.

Honestly though, I think the BOINKING BEARS did it!  Evil4 They're holding Matt hostage somewhere, he's tied up, handcuffed, and Lord knows what else! Whip2 Poor guy. So BBH, it's all your fault!  Smileyyellowbang Tongue1

I am honored to be mentioned in the above poll.  Thefinger

If FAS goes down and I am lumped in with Vissy there is going to be some mudslinging at a certain Meatwad type charater.  After all, I am the nice one.    Angel1
Looks to me that FAS is going to kill itself with total and utter boredom.  *yawns*
[quote author=diger7 link=topic=141.msg481#msg481 date=1123588575]

I still believe he's going to set up the new site when he comes back (my vote goes for TT so far)!  Toothy9

Angel1
[/quote]

That's funny!!! Laughing4

I voted "Who gives a rip??" or something like that.

Matt was surprised how many people jumped on his little site, but I don't think he ever intended to invest the time needed to keep it going.

Ray was nothing. Diger & I used to fight about that one all the time. I won that one!!! Common051
Pages: 1 2 3