TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Amazon Gets Patents on Consumer Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:User reviews are a hot new content area, being used by Google , Yahoo  and MSN to sweeten their local search results. But as of Thursday, such consumer reviews could put search providers, as well as thousands of e-commerce sites, video rental or review sites and online booksellers, in the sights of Amazon.com's  lawyers.

The online retailer of books and just about everything else was awarded three new patents, covering its purchase circles, search and consumer reviews. While Amazon.com's patent police would go after Web publishers, not consumers, the review patent could put the kibosh on the social networking components of many search services.

full article: http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3563396
Quote: as of Thursday, such consumer reviews could put search providers, as well as thousands of e-commerce sites, video rental or review sites and online booksellers, in the sights of Amazon.com's  lawyers.
:blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie:
:angry017: :angry017: :angry017: :angry017: :angry017: :angry017: :angry017:
that sucks.
Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo
amazon can bite me.  I've been using reviews on one of my sites for over 5 years
Protest Protest Protest Protest Protest Protest Protest Protest

I wonder if they will try to enforce the patents against everyone.  The backlash could do them more harm than good.  Smileybankerconfused
Quote:backlash

Backlash?  This patent is absolute shit.  Hey there's a bloody good idea, I'll apply for a patent for taking a shit.  Perhaps the shitheads at the US Patents Office will grant it.  Angryfire
[quote author=mandy link=topic=1240.msg4720#msg4720 date=1131881440]
Quote:backlash

Backlash?  This patent is absolute wombat poo poo.  Hey there's a bloody good idea, I'll apply for a patent for taking a wombat poo poo.  Perhaps the wombat poo pooheads at the US Patents Office will grant it.  Angryfire
[/quote]

I think applying for a patent for taking a shit on Bezos' head would be more appropriate in this case.  :twistedevil: