TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Apparently IT isn't working. eBay sellers complain of slow holiday sales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:I often wondered too why someone would direct a customer to an ebay store than to their website.
Prolly cuz they don't HAVE a website !!  Big Grin

Thentavius:  You opening a store in that town west of burque that you live in? ... which shall remain nameless here...  Or have you moved?  :blinkie:
I never understood that either.  I have a lot of people tell me I should buy adwords to get more ebay bus. I don't want it there I want it somewhere else.  I do buy adwords and overture for the company's website. 

Thentavius, did you get moved?

My sales have been about 1/2 of last Nov. but of course most of this year has been.  Although I've actually sold several hundred off ebay which is always good.

I wish I had more time to deal with my website.  I don't really like MW and want to just install Mals into my webpage but still struggling to get the whole shipping issue figured out.  It's not even so much technical as it is just how I want to deal with shipping period.

Baby steps but things are getting a little better.  Hopefully next year I wont give a IT what I sell on eBay.
Thentavius ... give us details of your plans!  Wink 

Back to OT.  Someone posted on the Stores Board that eBay was number 1 on Cyber Monday.  However, it was for "visitors."  BIG difference between visitors and buyers.
Quote:BIG difference between visitors and buyers.

So true Anita.

I think someone mentioned that the HITS were probably mostly sellers looking to see if anyone was buying or if their stuff was actually showing up after so many little glitchancements being slipped in right at holiday time.
Quote:so many little glitchancements being slipped in right at holiday time.

Crybaby2
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=1253.msg5641#msg5641 date=1133723135]
Quote:so many little glitchancements being slipped in right at holiday time.

Crybaby2
[/quote]

3 years in a row of holiday glitchenhancements that hurt sellers' (but not eBay's) sales .  The last really great holiday selling season on eBay was 2002...and eBay holiday sales have been on a steady downtrend since then.

:hoxmas3b:
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1253.msg5660#msg5660 date=1133760539]

The last really great holiday selling season on eBay was 2002...and eBay holiday sales have been on a steady downtrend since then.
[/quote]

4th of July 2003 was the last good holiday Lol
I'd say in the middle. Late 2002 to mid 2003 Xmas sales on the bay in 2003 were  noticeably less during the normal holiday rush, at least for the me. I think that is when I started looking into the forums for answers at ebay. My first peaks were at the tech boards and boy was it hopping then with pizzed off bayers. I remember some threads with over 3 to 400 posts about "giving ebay feedback", "this site is just no fun anymore" "slow loading pages", "category roll outs" and yes "enhancements that were NOT enhancing".

Stuff like that.
Pages: 1 2 3