TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Yahoo Reportedly In Talks to Buy 35% Stake in Alibaba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Standard and Poors rates eBay stock a hold as result of deal.

Nice!  Headbang
[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=143.msg588#msg588 date=1123778305]
Quote:Standard and Poors rates eBay stock a hold as result of deal.

Nice!   Headbang
[/quote]

Stop the cheering  Big Grin Big Grin
I left out a word "Standard & Poors reiterated their hold rating"...so they already had a hold rating.

My comments:

1. The other major investor in Alibaba is Softbank.  Softbank is also a major investor in Yahoo Japan so the Yahoo/Softbank combination has already proven once that they can take on eBay and come out the winner.
2. Yahoo's 1pai auction site is such a distant 3rd that it being folded into Taobao will probably have about as much effect on the Chinese auction market as an eBay purchase of Wagglepop would have had on the US market. 

Happy001
Quote:as an eBay purchase of Wagglepop would have had on the US market.
Are you trying to tell me that all of the rumors about eBay buying out Wagglepop, after they realized what a threat it was, were not really true? :'(  Say it's not so! Evil6
This is a very interesting bit of information. I use Alibaba frequently, and will be curious to see how this affects things.

I wonder if it is possible that exposure through Yahoo! would cause the market to get overly saturated by products that can be found on Alibaba? Or, would the situation improve both Yahoo! AND Alibaba? Hmmm... so many questions.

Oh, and I think that W*******p should be a forbidden word around here. LOL. Censored. Heh.
No matter what happens I hope feebay losses millions in the China deal.
Then there will surly be a few heads on a platter to be  Violent5.

Meg may want to put her house on the market.  Smileyviolin
She's going to need millions to pay to her lawyers once the top investors lose their a$$es.

Someone will be paying dearly for all of this I hope and I would love to see the Poster Child for women CEO's as a target for her obvious corrupt dealings over the years. Thefinger
I think feebay's top dogs have been BSing so many for so long that sooner or later it has all got to come back and  BITE them.
Pages: 1 2