TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Scaling down the e-mail mountain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Even in his sleep, Stever Robbins, an executive adviser, could not escape his e-mail. "I was buried under a pile of e-mail," Robbins, 41, said. "I can't remember ever having a nightmare. For my first nightmare to be about e-mail, that was pathetic."

..Robbins sometimes had to troll through 120 e-mail messages a day, many of them from his boss. "By the time I got done triaging the e-mail, I didn't have energy to do the rest of the work,"

Dealing with e-mail - filing it, cataloging it, prioritizing it - has added hours of extra work a week, much of it done by people in the late evening and early morning.

full article: http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/11/10/b.../email.php
Quote:120 e-mail messages a day

Boo hoo for him.  I have more.  Crybaby2

Quote:Dealing with e-mail -- has added hours of extra work a week

too too many
My email filters are set to deliver 95% of incoming emails straight to the trash.  Happy001
[quote author=regic link=topic=1258.msg4751#msg4751 date=1131948944]
My email filters are set to deliver 95% of incoming emails straight to the trash.  Happy001
[/quote]

I wish I could do that.
A related story:

Quote:Live8 organiser Bob Geldof has revealed his contempt for e-mails, blaming them for tying up people's time and stopping genuine action.

He told delegates that what workers achieve each day will be linked to the number of e-mails they ignore...

full article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4440768.stm
[quote author=mandy link=topic=1258.msg4893#msg4893 date=1132225295]
Quote:He told delegates that what workers achieve each day will be linked to the number of e-mails they ignore...
[/quote]

Sounds good to me...and so does this:

[quote author=regic link=topic=1258.msg4751#msg4751 date=1131948944]
[/quote]

Most of the non-spam email I receive is garbage and is automatically filtered to the trash: end of unsold auction emails (good for 1000 or so emails a day), the hourly "notification of order fulfillment report" emails from Amazon, etc., etc.  Email has become an increasing nuisance over the years.
All Hail Sir Bob!  Icon_puke_l