TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Base Beta Goes Live
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote author=amy link=topic=1299.msg4867#msg4867 date=1132197665]
[quote author=xppman link=topic=1299.msg4862#msg4862 date=1132184499]
Look out ebay there may be a new dog on the block.
Sign10

[/quote]

eBay is cheering at the moment because people are using google base to promote--eBay  :Smile

see the links on the first 2 posts for examples:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000135812&tstart=0
[/quote]

I guess people will have to sell the items on the free Google Base instead of using Google Base to promote eBay and paying a listing fee.  :Smile  eBay listings are only allowed on Froogle.

Google Just Says No to eBay Listings.

My opinion of Google Base's potential just went up.

The eBay items that I uploaded using my RSS feed (and not the broken GetListings XML feed) were accepted perfectly fine.  OK, so only about 20 of my items are on there, but who cares, good enough.
[quote author=dnc_ont link=topic=1299.msg5004#msg5004 date=1132453184]
The eBay items that I uploaded using my RSS feed (and not the broken GetListings XML feed) were accepted perfectly fine.  OK, so only about 20 of my items are on there, but who cares, good enough.

[/quote]

It seems like Google's customer service staff might be as in the dark about policies as eBay's CS...send 3 emails get 3 different replies. Big Grin
Another article on the intro of Google Base:

Quote:POPULAR internet search engine Google, is threatening auction website eBay and newspapers with a site where users can post information, including classified ads and job listings...

The new project is a toehold in the classified ad market from which Google may later challenge eBay and Craigslist.org...

The new site may attract more users and help sell more advertising, and isn't designed to threaten classified ad services, Google product management vice-president Salar Kamangar says. "The objective is to act as a data store from which other Google properties can draw," Kamangar says.

full article: http://australianit.news.com.au/articles...l?from=rss
Pages: 1 2