TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Nine In Ten Online Shoppers Frustrated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nine In Ten Online Shoppers Frustrated  Dazed008 2funny

Sorry.  :twistedevil:

Quote:Around 90% of online users have problems completing Internet transactions, according to a survey...

...The study, by Harris Interactive, found that one in three consumers would go to a competitor if they experienced a problem. Eighty-two percent said they were unwilling to accept lower levels of customer service online than they would offline.

"Any flaw in your Web site, from a transaction failure to a link that doesn't deliver on its promise, costs your business,"...

full article: http://www.informationweek.com/showArtic...=173602800
Quote:one in three consumers would go to a competitor if they experienced a problem. Eighty-two percent said they were unwilling to accept lower levels of customer service online than they would offline.

Count me in both groups.  Happy3
Me too - nothing ticks me off more as a customer with a business that is very unprofessional.

Nine in Ten shoppers frustrated huh?  I must be that one odd ball because I bought from 3 different places today and last night.  One was through an eBay store that I purchased and paid immediately; the other two were websites that people had shopping carts on.  One I did one purchase - went smoothly and the other I used the shopping cart system to purchase 5 different items, both places I paid immediately with Paypal.

All my purchases were so smooth that I can't wait to buy more online and not have to go near a mall.  Well, what can I say, I always like being different so being that oddball one that was not frustrated compared to the other 9 out of 10 makes me feel pretty good.

They have surveyed a senior citizen's group home or something to have that high a number of frustrated consumers.
I make a LOT of purhases online. 
I've always been happy with Amazon.  EXCEPT their GC.  They are just a piece of paper.  Nothing fancy.  I wasn't ticked, I was just surprised. 
I recently was verrrrrry pleased with the GC I bought for my daughter from Victoria's Secret.  It came in a huge envelope, all fancy, catelog included, and discreet. 
Shipping and handling charges for Wells Fargo Visa GC suck.  $5.50 to activate and $2.50 to ship via First Class.
I sent a GC from Target via e-mail.  It took WEEKS to arrive to the intended party.  I was stunned.  Target gave some lame excuse.
I purchased 10 items, 50 dollars-ish from an eBay seller I do not know.  I haven't heard anything from the seller for over a week.  I like sellers that mention they have received the payment, or when they are going to ship, or SOMETHING.

/rambling
The bottom line is this folks.
If you go to a site and want to purchase something.
The Website better make it pretty easy to do so.
Otherwise you are hitting the back button right?

If you have a website:

ALWAYS follow up with communication to verify the sale and communicate to the buyer
when their goods will be delivered.

We all like that don't we.
I haven't heard anything from the seller for over a week.  I like sellers that mention they have received the payment, or when they are going to ship, or SOMETHING.

That was my first experience on ebay as a buyer.  Nada from the seller until the widgit arrived in the mail.  Then another week or so before I got my first feedback.  I was not impressed.  Swore I would not repeat the same mistakes when I started selling.
Quote:I haven't heard anything from the seller for over a week.  I like sellers that mention they have received the payment, or when they are going to ship, or SOMETHING.

That was one of the things I hated about buying on eBay...and one of the reasons I stopped buying on IT--a large percentage of the sellers I bought from never sent any payment received or item shipped emails.

Quote:If you have a website:

ALWAYS follow up with communication to verify the sale and communicate to the buyer
when their goods will be delivered.

Yes.  Smile
I'm one who does all the above.
It has turned out to be very positive for my biz.
Pretty simple rules apply here.
Treat those as you would want to be treated.
Really quite simple.
I too always keep in touch with my buyer.  When they pay I thank them so that they know I received their payment.  I always email them after I mail the item and if it turns out they paid on the weekend and I mail only Mondays-Fridays I always thank them and tell them that I will mail it first thing after the weekend.  I keep them updated every step of the way because that's how I too like xppman like to be treated.

Maybe that's why most of my feedback on eBay all say something positive about my great communication - because that seems to becoming more and more rare on eBay and it must surprise my buyers when they receive such great communication from this seller unlike so many others.

It doesn't take much time or effect to send a quick email to say something like thanks for the payment or I just mail the item and if 10 seconds is too much time to do that then create a template of a thank you email, either way it doesn't take much time or effort.
I always thank a customer for their purchase and give shipping details.  However, I love it when a customer e-mails me a few days later with "Has this item been shipped???"  I send a copy of the original e-mail attached to my polite answer.  That is a HUGE benefit to online sellng, you can roll your eyes and make nasty comments out loud and then type a friendly e-mail response.