TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Expired Domains: FreeAuctionScripts.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case anyone was wondering:

NameCheap.com/eNom the registrar/registry for the domain freeauctionscripts.com offers a non-guaranteed 29-day grace period for renewal of expired domains. There is no guaranteed grace period.   Once expired, eNom may dispose of it at any time according to the registration agreement.

After the grace period, the following occurs:  the domain is deleted from the registrar database and the original registrant (owner) is no longer shown as the domain owner in whois lookups.  The name  is not available to register just yet however.   Once deleted, the domain is held for 30 days ("the redemption period") by the Registry.  Once the domain is dropped it becomes available for anyone to purchase just like a new name.  During the redemption period,  it costs $160 for the former registrant (owner)  to renew the name.

See the reason below why a whois lookup of freeauctionscripts.com shows an expiration of 8/6/06 but also returns an expired domain message:

Quote:Why is the Registrar requesting that I renew my domain name when the Registry Whois expiration date shows that it has been renewed for one year?

When a domain name reaches its expiration date and is not renewed by the registrar, the Registry system performs an auto-renew on the domain name. The auto-renew extends the expiration date for one year whether or not the registrar has received payment from the registrant. For example:

Example.com is set to expire on March 27th, 2003. The following events will occur:

1.    If the registrar does not renew this name with their registry prior to March 27th, the Registry will auto-renew the name for one year; even in cases where the registrant has not renewed the registration with their registrar.
   2.    The Registry auto-renews domain names the day after they expire. Therefore, on March 28th, the Registry will auto-renew the domain name for one year on March 28th.
   3.       On March 28th, the new expiry date will now read March 27, 2004.
   4.     The registrar then has 45 days during which they may delete the registration and receive a credit for the registry feeA good way to verify if your name has recently been auto-renewed is to do the following:

Horrible sounding name but excellent SERPs.  I think I'll put in a bid and try to grab it when its available.  Smile  Me and a few thousand other people with the same idea.  :Smile .  Why did the owner let it expire?  Dink
That's the big question "Why did the owner let it expire????????? Hiding

magnoliamaggie

Don't know for sure.  He's vacationing in his homeland of Turkey.  Will be back soon.  He's also hinted at renaming the site, so perhaps the expirey was on purpose. 
I think he'll renew the name.  He's a little too obsessed with SEO (I mean that in a good way  Wink  ) to give up a domain name with high search engine rankings for free.  It would also hurt his pay for inclusion onestop-directory if the traffic it receives from FAS were to suddenly dry up.
I understand that he's vacationing but surely the god he knew it would be expiring soon and could have taken care of that before he left.