TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Skype to Make US Retail Shop Debut on Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Net telephone service Skype Technologies is set to make its first appearance in a U.S. retail store.

...it has struck a partnership with consumer electronics chain RadioShack.

More than 3,000 RadioShack locations nationwide on Monday will begin offering the Skype Starter Kit...

A tiny fraction of Americans use VoIP, and analysts have predicted that continued growth in the market may ignite a landgrab by large players...

full article: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-5961010.html
Based on eBay's track record of buying working products and turning them into glitch ridden messes (I'm thinking Half.com  and PayPal here), I don't think I'll be running on down to my local Radio Shack on Monday.  :twistedevil:

Quote:A tiny fraction of Americans use VoIP, and analysts have predicted that continued growth in the market may ignite a landgrab by large players...

Both eBay/ Skype and its rival Vonage are going to have a tough time keeping their current leading VoIP positions when much larger players (oh say, like the Baby Bells...not to mention Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, and a billion and one cable companies) decide to enter the market full force.