TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Walmart fails to ban office romance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Wal-Mart has lost a court appeal to try to legally ban its employees in Germany from having office romances.

Wal-mart tried to introduce a 28-page ethical code that forbids "lustful glances and ambiguous jokes" as well as "sexually meaningful communication of any type".

And it said: "You may not go out with or have a relationship with someone who could influence your employment situation or whose employment situation you could influence."

full article: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_161...ssquirkies
Wal-Mart SUCKS.

www.walmartwatch.com
I figured you'd have a pro Wal-Mart comment  Laughing7
I guess that explains why in my local walmart they seem to try and hire mostly senior citizens? thinking that maybe the older someone is the less likely?  (they don't know some seniors that I know).

Wal-Mart is more unethical, sleazy, underhanded, etc. then eBay!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=1357.msg5036#msg5036 date=1132504631]
Wal-Mart is more unethical, sleazy, underhanded, etc. then eBay!
[/quote]

I think it's a tie.
Happy001

A little off topic but what will Wal-Mart, ebay and other large companies that have invested millions in China do when the State Department
issues a "Get out of China Statement" when China takes back Taiwan?

It's bound to happen:
China is posed as we speak, with it’s naval fleet to flex it’s muscle if the US interferes.
It is by many, including pentagon officials the contention that the US WILL and MUST back down when this happens so as not to start a global conflict.

Sadly US relations will be very tense from then on out and if China decides it wants all the assest of these US companies, (which it will)…
There WILL be nothing the US, Meg, Bill Gates or GOD can do to stop them.

There are several publications on the net about this.
The one below just illustrates the Chines fleet.

http://www.uscc.gov/researchpapers/2004/...yroute.htm
I have to let something out of my closet.

I was terminated due to violating the fratinization policy.  (I know I spelled it wrong)  I had an affair with an assistant manager and was asked to leave voluntarily.  I was shocked since Mr. Assistant Manager said that they usually don't enforce the policy.  I was upset from this.  I wanted to leave his sorry ass and sue Wal-Mart but, I was pregnant.  Can't hid the fact of a romance when you are looking like a beached whale.  The relationship lasted 3 years until he started to have an affair with a 16 year old cashie.  He was 26 at the time.  I left his sorry ass and wrote a rather lenghthy letter to the District Manager demanding that they both get fired.  I explained how he was a repeat offender.

They were both fired and I laughed.

Wal-Mart sucks.