TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Very real-looking ebay spoof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This came as an Ask Seller a Question email, wanting to know if I took PayPal.  From kboc79318.  Click on the yellow RESPOND NOW button, and it takes you to the ebay.co.uk SIGN IN page...except for this is the actual url, slightly modified so it isn't a clickable link:

http:||wxw.lot.com.tw:81/wxw.ebay.com/signin.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dllSignIn-ssPageName-hhsinUS.php

Ummmm....somewhere in Taiwan, no?  Also, no padlock at the bottom, and when you look up the sent-from ID, which is kboc79318, that person is supposedly in the U.S.  The Sign-In page even has clickable ebay.co.uk stuff.  Wow.  They're getting good at this stuff...........

I sent it to spoof at ebay.  See what they say.  HA!    Big Grin

Edited:  Whoops, I forgot to add that that message was among 10 -- that's right, TEN -- emails that my isp stuck in the junk folder.  All of a sudden, I've got spam/junk mail coming -- with more there every time I check my mail. I assume that the same peesash!t is sending them ALL and got my email address from my listings.  *sigh*