TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Santa, Idaho changes town name to SecretSanta.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Water commissioners in this tiny town have voted to change the town's name for a year to SecretSanta.com at the request of a Philadelphia marketer.

In return, the cash-starved water and sewer district — Santa's only official entity — will get at least $20,000 between now and next December. The town has to erect two signs, one at each end of town, bearing its new name.

full article: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/lo...nta23.html
They should have contacted me first, I would have changed my name to SecretSanta.com for $19,000  Icon_santa
I'll do it for $5,000  Happy001
$4,999
$4,999
Buy one year and get a month for FREE! ;-)
Strange ....... I just sent a package last week to Santa, ID ..... at least that's what PayPal said the address was.  I'm sure they changed the name to remove the .com (to protect me from unsafe internet influences - thanks PP and eBay!). 

Anyway, it must be a VERY small town, because the guy's address was something like "2 Mile Turnoff down Dry Creek Road" or something similar.

Quote:The change is mostly symbolic; the post office will keep the name Santa.
Quote:Santa has about 100 residents and just two businesses in town — the post office and a tavern