TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Anti-cancer Compound In Beer Gaining Interest As A Cancer Treatment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A compound found only in hops and the main product they are used in - beer - has rapidly gained interest as a micronutrient that might help prevent many types of cancer.

"We can't say that drinking beer will help prevent cancer," Stevens said. "Most beer has low levels of this compound, and its absorption in the body is also limited. But if ways can be developed to significantly increase the levels of xanthohumol or use it as a nutritional supplement - that might be different...

...a supposed "health" beer is being developed in Germany...

full article: http://www.biologynews.net/archives/2005...erest.html
Now I have an even better reason to drink BEER.
Occasion14
It depends on the kind of beer you drink:

Quote:Some beers already have higher levels of these compounds than others. The lager and pilsner beers commonly sold in domestic U.S. brews have fairly low levels of these compounds, but some porter, stout and ale brews have much higher levels.
I like a good pint of Bass or three but I'm an old redneck now.
My old yuppy days are far behind me.

Hey that means I MUST drink more cheap domestic BEER to get the "higher levels of these compounds" I need. Mrgreen

This is going to be GRRRRREAT. 

Happy001 
Occasion14 Common051
Update:

Quote:Scientists at Innsbruck Medical University have succeeded in demonstrating the anti-inflammatory effect of beer extracts....

The metabolic paths affected by beer extracts are closely linked with the pathogenesis of chronic diseases in particular. It seems that the ingredients of beer have the potential to have a positive impact on such diseases. The effect resembles that of wine but also that of green as well as black tea...Of particular interest is a beneficial impact on coronary heart diseases...

The effect of the beer extracts discovered in Innsbruck, however, is not only very similar in all tested types of beer but also unrelated to their alcohol content. “The effects could indeed be observed on extracts of alcohol-free beers...”

full article: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicaln...wsid=38763