TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Unpaid Item Process – More Helpful Content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Unpaid Item Process – More Helpful Content*** 

November 28, 2005 | 10:02AM PST/PT

Since its introduction in the summer of 2004, the Unpaid Item (UPI) Process has given buyers and sellers a way to directly communicate to resolve certain transaction issues. (Learn more about the UPI process here.)

In the next few days, we’re making a few content changes to make the process more helpful. Please note: These changes will not change the actual UPI process itself. We’re just improving some of the wording and guidance that we provide within the process.

Some of the changes include:

* Resolution Tips - Designed to instruct buyers and sellers on how to achieve a successful outcome, these tips will be prominently displayed at the top of the View Dispute and View Dispute: Enter Response pages.
    * Additional action links - “Relist Item” and “Second Chance Offer” links will be provided on the Dispute Closed and Dispute Closed Successfully pages to give sellers more options at the end of the process.
    * New Dropdown Options and Clarifying Text – We’ve clarified several of the dropdown selections with clearer choices. For example, “The buyer’s payment has not been received” and “The buyer’s payment has not cleared” will be two separate options, replacing one which reads, “Payment has not been received or has not yet cleared”.

I wonder if the e-mail that is sent to the buyer will still read, "Buyer refuses to pay."

Doesn't matter what little box the seller checks off, eBay slips in that little comment in the e-mail to the buyer.
Did I read somewhere that if a buyer responds in ANY way to an UPI, the case is closed.  Seller does not receive FVF and buyer doesn't get strike.

Or have I completely gone insane?
Quote:Did I read somewhere that if a buyer responds in ANY way to an UPI, the case is closed.

No, the case isn't closed BUT under eBay's new enhanced feedback policy if the buyer responds in any way to a UPI (even if it is to say "you suck, I'm not paying") eBay won't remove negative feedback.
Thanks BBH.  Guess my head was only partly stuck up my asp.  My hatred for eBay is overrunning what little brain cells I have let.
Buyers can appeal UPI 3rd strikes no questions asked.  Angryfire
I do remember reading a long time ago that it is no longer "3 Strikes And You Are Out."  Post that info and people will jump your sh!t.  Been there, done that. lol
[quote author=Anita link=topic=1473.msg7758#msg7758 date=1137377221]
I do remember reading a long time ago that it is no longer "3 Strikes And You Are Out."  Post that info and people will jump your sh!t.  Been there, done that. lol
[/quote]

I had a couple of eBay non payers appeal their UPI strikes last year.  I think eBay now just automatically reverses a strike when it is appealed.  They sure don't require any proof of payment.

NPBs on Overstock can file appeals too, but O won't reverse the NPB if the buyer doesn't produce proof of payment within 7 days of the appeal filing.