TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: RSS feeds for your Ebay store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lost in the uproar of the shipping times "enhancement",  Ebay has done something that may actually help us sell stuff! (a little)

If you go to My Ebay > Manage my store > left column - Store Marketing / Listing feeds ,  you can allow RSS feeds of newly listed items from your store (and I assume re-lists of GTC items). Of course  this mostly duplicates the Export listings feature, at least as regards comparison sites and such but it is worth a try. The default is "no" so you have to turn it on.
It says RSS so I'll stick it in this thread.  Icon_biggrin

Quote:***RSS Technology Expanded to Search*** 

March 20, 2006 | 09:13AM PST/PT

Hi, it's Arturo Zacarias again, from the New Technologies team. In November I let you know about the latest expansion of eBay's RSS ( ) offerings.

Members can already use RSS to keep an eye on the Announcement Board, the eBay Discussion Boards, or listings from specific eBay Stores. This week we're adding RSS support to our eBay Search pages. With this enhancement you can create a custom RSS feed that will deliver the results of your eBay Search to you via any RSS reader. Since we are integrating the RSS support with our Advanced Search pages, you'll have complete control over how you narrow down your search.

To subscribe to a RSS feed, you'll need an RSS reader or aggregator to gather and view the updates. Several free and commercial RSS readers are available, and some examples can be seen here (provided by dmoz.org). Once you have an RSS reader, simply go to the bottom of any RSS-enabled page you are interested in, click on the RSS button, copy the URL from the page that opens, and paste it into your reader to display the content in RSS.

We're working to add RSS to other areas as well in the coming months, so stay tuned.