TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A New Category Revision Tool?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First there was the Ethical listing duration fee avoidance tool, now there is apparently also a category revision tool (...and since this seller has a "I am an Ethical Seller' button in his listing, I'm betting its made by the same company as the listing duration tool).  Check out the obviously automated category revisions on this listing.  A revision every 6 hours every day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ionDetails&item=8356780982

Quote:The seller has revised the following item information:
Date  Time  Revised Information

Nov-30-05 22:51:39 PST Description
Dec-01-05 00:02:58 PST Category
Dec-01-05 06:02:59 PST Category
Dec-01-05 12:03:02 PST Category
Dec-01-05 18:03:01 PST Category
Dec-02-05 00:02:59 PST Category
Dec-02-05 06:03:03 PST Category
Dec-02-05 12:03:07 PST Category
Dec-02-05 18:03:16 PST Category
Dec-03-05 00:02:59 PST Category
Dec-03-05 06:02:59 PST Category

It does save the money of paying to have your item in multiple categories...  :Smile
Sellers are soooooo ticked off with eBay playing Post Office, you may as well post this info on eBay as well!  Icon_santa

eBay WANTS to get rid of the smaller sellers.  Meg said it in so many words.  Carp like this is going to achieve that goal. 

My wish is that the "smaller sellers" become the BIG SELLERS elsewhere!
You post it...you're the one with the pink slap shirt.  Happy001

Edited to add:

Quote:My wish is that the "smaller sellers" become the BIG SELLERS elsewhere!

That would be nice, but if you look at Overstock's front page you'll see that the same PeSA sellers who get preferential treatment at eBay also get it at Overstock.  Probably the best chance smaller sellers have to become Big Sellers is by opening their own web site and working their asses off to make it a success because every venue gives preference to the biggest sellers.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1555.msg5611#msg5611 date=1133663869]

Quote:The seller has revised the following item information:
Date  Time  Revised Information

Nov-30-05 22:51:39 PST Description
Dec-01-05 00:02:58 PST Category
Dec-01-05 06:02:59 PST Category
Dec-01-05 12:03:02 PST Category
Dec-01-05 18:03:01 PST Category
Dec-02-05 00:02:59 PST Category
Dec-02-05 06:03:03 PST Category
Dec-02-05 12:03:07 PST Category
Dec-02-05 18:03:16 PST Category
Dec-03-05 00:02:59 PST Category
Dec-03-05 06:02:59 PST Category
It does save the money of paying to have your item in multiple categories...  :Smile
[/quote]

so many games needed to sell a widget on Ebay  :Smile
I didn't mean I wanted to see smaller sellers become successful at another auction venue... I meant on their own. 

I may post your info on the board tomorrow.  I already posted a "hate speech" post for the day. 
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1555.msg5614#msg5614 date=1133664431]
You post it...you're the one with the pink slap shirt.  Happy001

Edited to add:

Quote:My wish is that the "smaller sellers" become the BIG SELLERS elsewhere!

That would be nice, but if you look at Overstock's front page you'll see that the same PeSA sellers who get preferential treatment at eBay also get it at Overstock.  Probably the best chance smaller sellers have to become Big Sellers is by opening their own web site and working their asses off to make it a success because every venue gives preference to the biggest sellers.
[/quote]
To answer, my own question, yes its new.  Laughing7

http://www.ethicaltools.com/Tools/Info/CategoryRotator

Quote:What it is:

The Category Rotator is a tool designed to expose your item to more potential customers who are browsing for items up for sale.

What it does:

The Category Rotator changes the main category of your item for sale on a predetermined time cycle (from 6 hours to 2 days). After the timeframe you chose has elapsed, your item is moved into the next category you decided to display it in.

How it works:

The Category Rotator allows you to select up to 4 additional categories to display your item in, on a rotating basis on the time increment of your choosing

The cost is 10 cents per listing.  Since it allows you to be seen in 4 categories for the price of 1 it could save you a lot...although I'm unconvinced that rotating categories every 6 hours would really increase sales that much.  It doesn't look like this tool and their listing duration tool (which this example seller also uses) can be used together in the same auction.

========================================

In case anyone is really bored, they have 2 flash games you can play: "Whack A Non Paying Bidder" and "Shipper"...personally, I think I'll stick to playing iOffer's throw rocks at Meg and Pierre game.  :twistedevil:

games: http://www.ethicaltools.com/Toys

iOffer feepay Meg and Pierre game: http://www.ioffer.com/feepay/
LMAO, I did it.  I need to give up my Pink Slap virginity so I can bid on the next shirt up for auction.  I didn't feel worthy to bid against Anita.

Rob
I think we need to buy a pink slap shirt for Beth now.  She can wear it when she attends eBay LIVE with Amy and Todd.