TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Keep Customers Buying After the Holidays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Reward schedules are particularly relevant now, in the midst of Q4 promotions. Today, we'll discuss a principle I call "Pavlovian marketing," which originates from reward schedules' decay rates.

Pavlovian marketing stems from the idea you train users to only shop with you when they know they'll receive a discount. At a recent Shop.org retailer meeting I keynoted, several retailers told me they're afraid to do any promotions on a regular schedule. Profit margins decline while their customers wait for these coupons before buying...

Train users to shop with you because of discounts, and you'll see a large drop-off once the promotions end. Smart companies focus on brand image and customer retention based on wide selection, great customer support, and personalized service....

full article: http://www.clickz.com/experts/crm/traffi...hp/3567521
I don't agree with him that sending coupons to shoppers who abandoned their shopping carts or aren't active is a bad thing.