TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Another Security Flaw on eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I posted this on the Stores Board.  I don't imagine it will stay long.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000152270&tstart=0&mod=1133729854886

I thought eBay fixed this.  Guess not.  Can you imagine how many sellers probably wouldn't even notice that an item was purchased by Jane Doe and paid for by Joe Blow?

Imagine if the item was a hot item!  One person wins and another sneaks in and pays ... and the seller never notices.
Quote:I thought eBay fixed this

So did I--that problem first surfaced a few years ago with PayPal payments.  :hoxmassnow9:
I would never catch it as a seller.

What a great new (OK, apparently not so new) way for folks to scam others on eBay!  Smileykoolaid 
IT's not a eBay Security Flaw

IT's an glitchancement.

Happy001

Oh the "vibrancy".
I always ship to the PP addy.  I would never have thought to verify the PP person to the eBay person. 
Sellers that sell a TON of items definitely would never catch it.  I don't think.
PS
Would someone applaud or smite me.  I don't like being stuck on 13.  lol
There u go Anita. Wave
[quote author=Anita link=topic=1569.msg5692#msg5692 date=1133808264]
I always ship to the PP addy.  I would never have thought to verify the PP person to the eBay person. 
Sellers that sell a TON of items definitely would never catch it.  I don't think.

[/quote]

Sellers who use Marketworks and never visit MyEbay or read eBay after auction emails would never catch it.
I am fairly certain that my management tool defaults to the PP address and email address.    I would have NO clue.    Once I processed that payment, the info I had would be the name, address, and email address of the person who paid, so they'd get my shipping notifications . . . everything.

Well, I would have no clue until another payment came in from the real buyer for the same item  . . . that I'd already shipped. 

Thanks for the karma, Xppman.  Smile

Amy,
I posted what you said so that I could bring the post back to the front page.  *evil grin*
Pages: 1 2