TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: AuctionCities Christmas Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Here is the new contest

Contest Dates: From December 7 to December 21

First Place Prize $100.00~This will be awarded to the person who has listed the most items

Second Place Prize $75.00~ This will be awarded to the person who sells the most as a seller

Third Place Prize $50.00~ this will be awarded to the buyer who won the most auctions

If a Dutch Auction sells multiple items then the buyer and seller will get credit for each sale as an individual unit¦.dutch auction items must sell for at least $.99 in order to be counted as a successful auction. This means only auctions over .99 cents will be counted in this Contest!

The buyers and sellers need keep track of their purchases and recieving payments. Such as Pay Pal reciepts are fine or if they are using Money orders I would say that maybe they should have them copied and send proof of that to you at AC.

All results will be final as of December 21, 9 pm western time,,,the winners need to furnish their results to the company as soon as possible¦the company wants to tabulate the results and email the $$ to the winners no later than Christmas Eve. Also please keep in mind that auctions concidered in this contest must end on the 21st. Any auctions after the 21st will not be eligible. So for example: If you have an auction with bids on the 20th with three days to go. To be eligible for this contest the seller will need to end it on the 21st and highest bidder takes the win.

Best of Luck To All

Message to AuctionCities:

A. Get rid of the friggin' floating snowflakes on your home page. Every time I see them I have this urge to heave something through my monitor screen.  :hoxmassanta22:

B. I won't be taking part in your Christmas contest and I doubt that any of the remaining 5 or 6 other sellers will either because your dev.auctioncities.com server has been down for 5 days now and so it is impossible to access any of the tools sections of MyCity: MySellingTools, MyBuyingTools, etc... all of them down for 5 days and counting. Hello, Are there actually any other employees at AuctionCities besides the employee who issues the weekly press release? I know within minutes when my servers go down, why don't you know when your servers have been down for 5 days?

Quote:Pinging dev.auctioncities.com [66.186.13.55]:

Ping #1: * [No response]
Ping #2: * [No response]
Ping #3: * [No response]
Ping #4: * [No response]

Done pinging dev.auctioncities.com!

'No response' means your friggin' server is down.  :nbiteme:
It only took them 8 days to fix their server  :Smile :blinkie: :Smile  I didn't bother to relist any of the 300 items I had listed Smile

Anyways, the contest winners:

Quote:First prize, $100, goes to "Wickless_Wonders" for listing 40477 items!  :blinkie:

Second prize, $75, goes to "Rapturee" with 14 items sold.

Third prize, $50, goes to "microdata" with 17 items bought.

Thank you for your participation

Strangely enough, a search on open and completed items shows the winner with 0 current auctions and only 1,520 completed auctions...soooo, I'm assuming that 40K figure is just a typo  :-\