TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Yahoo Acquires Social Network Del.icio.us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:In its latest acquisition of a social networking service, Internet powerhouse Yahoo Inc. on Friday devoured del.icio.us Inc., a startup that enables people to more easily compile and share their favorite content on the Web.

Del.icio.us will continue to run its own Web site, which allows users to create a personal account so they can create a page devoted to their favorite online articles, music and reviews. The material can be shared with others simply by sending along the Web link. The content also can be identified with labels, or "tags," to make it simpler to find.

More than 300,000 users have signed up for the service...

full article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051210/ap_o...uisition_5
I don't know which was a bigger waste of their money, this or flickr.

Pottytrain5
[quote author=regic link=topic=1665.msg5910#msg5910 date=1134250880]
I don't know which was a bigger waste of their money, this or flickr.

Pottytrain5
[/quote]

I think they overpaid for both, but maybe that's just because I'm not 15 and I don't  appreciate what a truly wonderful service they both offer. Cowcheer  I have no interest in sharing either my bookmarks or my photos with a few million unknown people.

I give the social networking bubble 2 years before the valuations of the sites fall back to reality.