TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Test Results -- Should You Re-Send Your Email Newsletter to Non-Openers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:For US marketers, we advise the following precautions:

1. Don't resend names at email addresses that are likely to block HTML images, and thus not record opens. This includes Gmail, and some at-work addresses using Outlook or Lotus Notes.

2. Don't resend text-only version recipients.

3. Don't resend content that's more frequent than monthly. Frequency is the number one cause of spam complaints that permission mailers receive.

4. Put an unsubscribe link prominently at the top of every mailing. Don't make them scroll.

5. Monitor your reply address, opens, clicks, conversions, indications of emailer reputation (blacklists etc) and any kind of customer service feedback like a hawk. This is not a tactic for marketers using less sophisticated analytics systems.

6. Never mail names that are more than 90 days old that you haven't consistently mailed unless you are a well-known, trusted brand in your marketplace and you're darn sure people like and remember you. Even then, do it carefully. Perhaps even send a re-opt-in offer.

7. Take names off your active sending file if they have not opened and/or clicked in the past six months (or even sooner for weeklies and dailies).

full article: http://www.marketingsherpa.com/sample.cf...entID=3139
Quote:Should You Re-Send Your Email Newsletter to Non-Openers?

I'll hunt you down if you do!  Gen010
Quote:6. Never mail names that are more than 90 days old that you haven't consistently mailed unless you are a well-known, trusted brand in your marketplace and you're darn sure people like and remember you. Even then, do it carefully. Perhaps even send a re-opt-in offer.

7. Take names off your active sending file if they have not opened and/or clicked in the past six months (or even sooner for weeklies and dailies).

Both of these are good advice, although I think (and wish) that "well-known, trusted brands" should also follow the advice in #6 (and receive the same penalties as the rest of us if they don't).

As far as resending emails to people who didn't open them the first time, I would never send an email out a second time and I definitely don't think the additional 11% who open it the second time is a figure worth pissing off customers/potential customers over.