TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Listings Disappear Sunday, Sellers Fume over Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Sellers posting on the eBay's "Technical Issues" board are complaining that newly listed items and sold items are disappearing. A number of threads report other problems as well, including problems with Watch lists, Favorite Seller lists, and even problems bidding on auctions.

"Nothing is working right this weekend," wrote one frustrated seller... Another source of frustration is the lack of communication from eBay about the problems.

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y05/m12/i12/s01
Quote:eBay confirmed there were glitches that affected listings over the weekend...

England said eBay would not post an announcement on the Systems Announcement about the problem board because it did not impact all members and so would cause confusion among members.

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y05/m12/i13/s02
England said eBay would not post an announcement on the Systems Announcement about the problem board because it did not impact all members and so would cause confusion among members.

How do those aspholes sleep at night!!
The missing items problem has been showing up hit and miss since Labor Day weekend 2003!
Overstock extended listings and refunded fees when they had problems.
Quote:England said eBay would not post an announcement on the Systems Announcement about the problem board because it did not impact all members and so would cause confusion among members.

Just because many members of eBay's management team get confused when trying to tie their shoelaces doesn't mean that every eBay customer is also as big a moron as the average eBay staffer that inhabits eBay's corporate headquarters.  Happy001

====
eBay trivia: the term "confusion" was first used by eBay in response to customer complaints about being double and triple billed in 2004...the customers were just confused about their bills according to eBay.  The confused customers later filed a class action lawsuit against eBay. Smile
Quote:England said eBay would not post an announcement on the Systems Announcement about the problem board because it did not impact all members and so would cause confusion among members.

That has got to be one of the stupidest things they've said yet.  Because it didn't affect "all members"?

Why am I surprised, selling on eBay for about 7 years now and I find the site is down or other problems much more times than they ever put on their announcements and quite often if they do post an announcement they post it after the problem has been resolved.  What boinktards.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1695.msg6049#msg6049 date=1134527134]

Just because many members of eBay's management team get confused when trying to tie their shoelaces doesn't mean that every eBay customer is also as big a moron as the average eBay staffer that inhabits eBay's corporate headquarters.  Happy001

====
eBay trivia: the term "confusion" was first used by eBay in response to customer complaints about being double and triple billed in 2004...the customers were just confused about their bills according to eBay.  The confused customers later filed a class action lawsuit against eBay. Smile
[/quote]

Obviously, eBay has decided the term "confusion" and its variants like "confused" serve a multitude of purposes. 

Sellers were "confused" when getting shafted on bills.

eBay withholds information about site malfunctions so as not to "confuse" users.

Now eBay employees who make statements they want to disclaim were "confused."

Lying sack of sh it b*stards. 

Perjurers on the stand say they were "confused" when confronted with a prior contradictory sworn statement.  "I wasn't lying when I made that prior contradictory statement . . . I was just confused."   

"Confused" and it's variants is one of the all purpose *great* legal terms to buy wiggle room.

eBay may be run by lying sack of sh it b*stards, but they've obviously got good lawyers advising them. 
Not good as in *ethical* . . . but good as in *competent in helping you skirt the law.*

Heh - pink slap this. Smile

Quote:Because it didn't affect "all members"?

eBay's standard method to avoid refunding fees is to use the words "some members may have experienced" when describing any glitches or down time.

Quote:but they've obviously got good lawyers advising them. 
Not good as in *ethical* . . . but good as in *competent in helping you skirt the law.*

They use a variety of tricks.  One of their favorite methods when facing a much smaller opponent in court if a lawsuit isn't going in their favor is to file a bunch of frivolous counterclaims and try to drag the battle out as long as possible in hopes that the other side runs out of money to pay its legal bills and gives up the fight.  :Smile