TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Canada: 5 cent Listing Day for Items that Offer Express Shipping - Dec 12th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***5 cent Listing Day for Items that Offer Express Shipping - December 12, 2005***

11 December, 2005 | 14:00

eBay is having a 5 cent Listing Day for Canadians who offer express shipping in their Fixed Price listings. It all starts Monday, December 12, 2005 at 00:00:01 EST (12:00 AM plus one second on December 12, 2005) and ends that same day Monday, December 12, 2005 23:59:59 EST (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

There are still many buyers searching eBay for last minute gifts. Here's how you can find them...

1. List your item in Fixed Price format on December 12, 2005 on eBay.ca, eBay.com or eBay Motors
  2. Offer at least one express shipping service in your listing
  3. Enter the promo code XPRS in your item title.

Insertion fees for these listings will be reduced to 5 cents after credit for Canadian residents. Eligible listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period of December 12, 2005 will qualify for the promotional fee. Please note the discounted fees will not be immediately reflected on the site. You will see a credit to your seller's account by January 21, 2006.

Items re-listed on December 12 that match the above eligibility will qualify for the promotion. Canadian residents who registered on other eBay sites will still be eligible, provided your registered address is Canadian.

Auction-Format and Auction-Format with Buy It Now upgrade listings, Motors vehicles, Business and Industrial Capital Equipment, Store Inventory Format and Real Estate Ad Format listings will not be included in this promotion. The promotional rate does not apply to listings created before the promotional period and then revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion December 12, 2005, but scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

For more details, including detailed eligibility and exclusions, click here.

promo info page: http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/5centFPshipping/
This is such a bullshit promo, it isn't funny.

UPS is fine as a shipping option, since it's one of the 'express' options, but I don't think GROUND (which would still get to the US on time if shipped in the next few days) is one of the acceptable options.  And nobody is going to pay ~$40 US to ship a 1lb package.

Xpresspost?  OK, to the US that's another option, but same thing, it's expensive (more than Fedex Ground to the US) and even though it's "guaranteed" in 5 business days, that a) doesn't leave a lot of time for sales anyways, and b) I've heard time and time again about sellers getting the postage refunded because the package didn't show up to the buyer for WEEKS.

eBay is just so damn clueless - I don't think they have a single person working for eBay Canada that knows ANYTHING about selling.
Quote:eBay is just so damn clueless - I don't think they have a single person working for eBay Canada that knows ANYTHING about selling.

They don't have anyone working for ebay US that knows anything about selling either so your not alone in your frustrations believe me  Wink

Angel  Angel7
Quote:  "guaranteed" ...I've heard time and time again about sellers getting the postage refunded

Ship to me by FedEx overnight and 9 times out of 10 you'll get a refund because the driver on this route rarely makes it by the 10:30 guaranteed time...and the same with USPS Express Mail to my location (I've had Express Mail packages with guaranteed Friday delivery by noon arrive Tuesday at 4 pm :Smile. )

Quote:They don't have anyone working for ebay US that knows anything about selling either so your not alone in your frustrations believe me 

Why limit it to just selling?  You could also replace the word "selling" in that sentence with "customer service", "programming", "buying online" (there's no way an online shopper would design a site without a shopping cart  Smile ) etc. etc.

Quote: ***5 cent Listing Day for Items that Offer Express Shipping - December 12, 2005***
Quote:eBay is having a 5 cent Listing Day for Canadians who offer express shipping in their Fixed Price listings.

I bet a lot of people will read the '5 cent listing day' in the announcement title and won't discover until they get their bill that it applies to fixed price listings only.