TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 10,693 Negs: eBay Has Its Second Shooting Star Negative Seller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wrong.  Very wrong. eBay has 3 shooting star negative feedback sellers (sellers with over 10,000 negatives) not 2 as I originally stated.  I missed this one: 15,773 negatives and a 88.3% feedback percentage.  :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie: :blinkie:

eBay Provides A Level Playing Field and Evenly Enforces Its Policies   :Smile Puke
Why would ANYONE buy from a seller with 88% feedback???  They have quite a few bids on their current listings as well.
This is unbelievable that they are still allowed to sell and yes why are people still buying from them Smileyyellowbang
[quote author=snugglypuppy link=topic=187.msg893#msg893 date=1124693136]
This is unbelievable that they are still allowed to sell and yes why are people still buying from them Smileyyellowbang
[/quote]

I think most buyers just see the 100,000+ feedback ratings of these sellers and don't bother to look at the feedback page to see all the negatives.  Also, to buyers who are new to eBay a positive percentage of 88% or 92% might seem like its really good.  I personally think it would help buyers more if eBay changed its percentage numbers to the same system Amazon (and eBid.tv) uses with a separate percentage breakdown for positive, negative, and neutral.
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=totalcampus.com&Dirn=Received+by  a world's record for 'items not received in one month? :blinkie:

p.s. not 3 but 4. make that 4 shooting star negatives on eBay. abebooks-half has 10,475 and a 93.9% positive score.
OK, so who wants to post a link to this thread during today's Bill Cobb/Trust & Safety Town Meeting and ask why eBay hasn't done anything yet to help the 1000+ buyers this month who didn't receive their items from this one seller?  :twistedevil:

totalcampus now only needs 48 more 'item not receiveds' to hit 11,000  :blinkie:  ...and the seller with 10,331 negs who was NARU'd by eBay is featured at the top of Overstock Auctions home page today  :Smile

Quote:and the seller with 10,331 negs

Isn't it possible  the only reason eBay kicked them off the site was to cover eBay's own ass in the class action suit?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...C48E61.DTL&type=tech

To quote the article:

Quote:The suit accuses eBay, PayPal and Essex Technology Group., a Nashville supplier of closeout electronics, of breach of contract, fraudulent inducement and violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
[quote author=rose link=topic=187.msg951#msg951 date=1124830338]
Quote:and the seller with 10,331 negs

Isn't it possible  the only reason eBay kicked them off the site was to cover eBay's own ass in the class action suit?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...C48E61.DTL&type=tech

To quote the article:

Quote:The suit accuses eBay, PayPal and Essex Technology Group., a Nashville supplier of closeout electronics, of breach of contract, fraudulent inducement and violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

[/quote]

Can't wait to see how the "We're only a venue" defense plays out  Wink

Angel  Angel1
They hit 11,000 tonight so I WIN THE BET.  Pay Up Bears!  Laughing4
From the eBay Stores Board:

Quote:How Many Item Not Received Complaints Does eBay Allow In One Month?
tuliptools  (0 ) View Listings | Report Aug-24-05 21:53 PDT
B-)

I'm just asking because one of eBay's largest sellers has received over 1000 negative feedback comments containing the words 'item not received' THIS MONTH alone and eBay has yet to take action.

FYI the seller in question now has over 11,000 negatives so the problem of the rules not being evenly enforced for this seller and customers getting burned while eBay sat by and watched has been going on for a few years...perhaps this was allowed to happen because until very recently the seller used to have 150,0000-250,000 items listed and eBay was receiving a large amount in listing fees every month.

FYI-This is an eBay Stores question since the eBay store in question is still open.
Previous  1  Next

1 replies Date posted Reply #
tuliptools  (0 ) View Listings | Report Aug-24-05 21:58 PDT 1 of 1
Just to follow up, many of the comments left for this seller by buyers contain phrases like "ebay was no help", "I won't buy on eBay any more because of this", so eBay's failure to act on this matter has hurt ALL eBay sellers.
Pages: 1 2 3