TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Microsoft Mulls Paying Users of Its MSN Search Engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:To improve the audience of Microsoft's Internet search engine, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates suggests using cash and various freebees as a lure.

But Microsoft's apparent intention to, in effect, offer something like a nickel-a-search turns heads enough to strain a neck muscle.

"Microsoft has looked into sharing some of its online-advertising revenue with consumers, but at this time there is nothing more to share," a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement. She had no additional comment.

full article: http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1900597,00.asp
I can see it now: sweat shops in third world countries filled with people rapidly searching their way through the dictionary.
[quote author=accentnepal link=topic=1710.msg6039#msg6039 date=1134521583]
I can see it now: sweat shops in third world countries filled with people rapidly searching their way through the dictionary.
[/quote]

That is a definite possibility.  If advertisers thought pay-pre-click advertising and affiliate marketing had fraud problems...

I think the fraud factor in paying consumers for their searches/views would end up driving up the cost of advertising.