TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Live Auctioneer Catbecca Gets NARUd 100s Left Without Items or Their Money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
eBay Live Auctioneer Catbecca Gets NARUd  100s Left Without Items or Their Money

eBay board thread: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?m...1002810438
Catbecca feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=catbecca

The seller responds to complaints Monday in a post on eBays Trust & Safety board shortly before becoming not a registered user:

Quote:CatBecca worked hard to make it in the live auctions business but recently had trouble obtaining items at a cost low enough to turn a profit. This trend was most likely caused by greater competition in live auctions area. Many years ago the number of live auctions were smaller than today. Other issues like too much supply vs demand has also lead to lower prices. Slowly, CatBecca simply ran out of funds. The delays in shipping were related to having to get a short term loan to pay off shipping companies -- and that last load of items are now out the door. So all customers should be ok at this time. The building and assets are now being sold at auction and any remaining debts will be covered when that is final. All businesses must earn a profit or they go out of business. The live online auction business is now more highly competitive.

Sincerely,
CatBecca Inc.
I notice that Auctionbytes did a story on this...strange that they would cover complaints about this small seller  but totally ignored  the 2000 plus customers whose complaints to eBay and PayPal were met by deaf ears when the buyers  were ripped off when one of eBay's largest sellers totalcampus.com completely disappeared with everyone's money.

So let me see if I have this straight: A small seller ripping off a few hundred buyers is newsworthy, while one of your  fellow "the eBay Elite" buddies ripping off thousands of sellers is not newsworthy.  Ah, I see.  Angel1