TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Internet Retailer 2006 Conference & Exhibition June 5-7 Chicago
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Internet Retailer 2006 Conference and Exhibition
June 5-7, 2006
Hyatt Regency
Chicago, Illinois

more info: http://www.internetretailer.com/IR2006/
list of expected speakers: http://www.internetretailer.com/IR2006/s...s_list.asp (including speakers from Overstock, Google, DoubleClick, Radio Shack, and more)

Quote:the truly ground-breaking event we will host on June 5-7, 2006, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago:

* 75 expert speakers representing all retail channels and providing practical information on all aspects of e-retailing.
    * A three-day conference (expanded from last year) with the addition of a day-long "Marketing Your Web Site" workshop and yet still priced below competing shows.
    * The largest exhibition of technology in the history of e-retailing-a 70,000 square-foot exhibit hall with booths of more than 150 e-retailing vendors.

As with last year's show, the speakers at IR2006 were chosen by our editors based on their expertise...The agenda is editorially driven as well .... registrants for the conference also receive one-third off the price of the new day-long "Marketing Your Web Site" workshop that we've added to IR2006.

... all conference attendees receive three FREE bonus takeaways: a conference notebook and CD containing all IR2006 speaker presentations, the 244-page Guide to E-Retailing Resources, and the 2006 Edition of our exclusive Top 500 Guide, which profiles and ranks America's largest e-retailers and comes off press just before the show.
Greetings from Chicago.  My brain hurts. Information overload.  Yesterday's website marketing workshop lasted 8 hours. Ugh. Today's presentations and speeches started at 8 am. Ugh.  I'll go into more detail later.  Still to come today are presentations on shopping malls and comparison sites, and using content on your site.  Cocktail party followed by dinner and The Temptations tonight.
Quote:I'll go into more detail later.

*taps foot waiting*
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1737.msg15814#msg15814 date=1149732840]

*taps foot waiting*
[/quote]

I flew home yesterday.  I'll do it this weekend after I hit the beach.

P.S. My employees didn't destroy the office while I was gone.  Toothy10
IR has a rundown of the IR2006 conference.  Some quotes:

Quote:"People don`t like to register," he said. "Make the creation of the ID and password the last step in checkout--after you have their cash."
Quote:changes that will increase conversions include making product images as impressive and functional as possible, providing simple product comparison functions, and making checkout obvious
Quote: the need to periodically review site navigation. Creating a dedicated tab for extended sizes increased sales of those sizes by 17% at WilsonsLeather.com
Quote:When dealing with consumer-­generated content, Maffitt said, "You have to embrace it and get over the possibility of negative reviews. If you engage with consumers you will inspire trust."
Quote:To acquire repeat customers in a crowded market, a retailer should figure out how to earn their loyalty through valuable shopping experiences rather than by just buying their loyalty with discounts

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/article.asp?id=19357

[quote author=valleygirl link=topic=1737.msg15896#msg15896 date=1149905746]
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1737.msg15814#msg15814 date=1149732840]

*taps foot waiting*
[/quote]

I flew home yesterday.  I'll do it this weekend after I hit the beach.

[/quote]

Fuck!  I knew I forgot something. Lol