TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Coming Soon: Support for Digitally Delivered Goods PayPal Required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=1738.msg6142#msg6142 date=1134703971]
Well on first glance, this is looking good to me.  I've been a technical failure so far trying to do downloadables.
[/quote]

Well in that case, after just reading over the policy, I don't think it is going to help you  Laughing7 because the technical aspects of the buyer downloading the file will still need to be arranged by the seller (and done on the seller's site).

The only reason eBay is adding this policy is so they can require you to use PayPal.  I could see adding the policy if they were going to add a feature that would allow buyers to download digital media directly from the eBay site (and sellers to upload the media to eBay), but this policy will do nothing to help sellers with delivery...it is still up to the seller to have some secure means in place for delivery.

...back to Vital's problem  Smileytongueout see this thread for some help (ZenCart, OSCommerce, and several other software packages that automate downloads): http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...012.0.html

Quote:I wonder if this is going to apply to sales of templates, storefronts, logos, etc? 
(I wonder if anyone at eBay has even wondered about this yet.)

Smileybankerconfused  It will probably depend on each customer service rep's interpretation of the policy:  one will say a template is a digital good while another will say its a service. The examples eBay gives only include digital media.
Quote:I actually got set up with ProStores based on the ability to sell downloads, and it does work, although I really need to play with it a lot more.

I wasn't sure whether your version did downloads.  I never used the download feature on my Storesense (which I am so very happy I dumped for Zen Smile )
eBay forgot to do beta testing on this feature:

***Update: Business Registration, Add Pictures to Revised Items, and Digitally Delivered Goods*** 

December 21, 2005 | 11:05AM PST/PT

Last week we announced the addition of three new features: Business Registration, Adding Pictures to Active Listings Even After a Bid, and Digitally Delivered Goods. However, due to some issues while releasing the products, we decided to delay their launch. We hope to reintroduce these features within the next several weeks.

No news yet?
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=1738.msg7574#msg7574 date=1137113021]
No news yet?
[/quote]

They must have seen your post  Wink

Quote:***Updated: Business Registration, Add Pictures to Revised Items, and Digitally Delivered Goods*** 

January 13, 2006 | 10:43AM PST/PT

Digitally Delivered Goods and Adding Pictures to Active Listings Even After a Bid are now once again available on the site. Business Registration will be reintroduced within the next few weeks.

For more information about each feature, simply click on the links above.
Did they fix the bugs? Dumb Question.  Lol
Pages: 1 2