TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Now Available: Register as a Business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:***Now Available: Register as a Business*** 

December 15, 2005 | 10:40AM PST/PT

If you buy or sell on eBay for your business, now you can make your eBay account type a Business account. With a Business account, you can associate your business name with your account. You will also be notified when we offer business-specific services and events, such as our Seller OnRamp program, or future networking opportunities with other ecommerce businesses.

To change an existing account, go to the My Account section within My eBay. From there, go to Personal Information and add your business name by editing your Account Type.
I don't know why it took them this many years to allow businesses to register as businesses BUT besides eBay "offer[ing] business-specific services and events" as part of the new business account designation, they could also be setting the stage for a 2 tiered "business" and "individual" pricing plan...i.e. volume discounts for businesses.
I'm *scared*. 
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=1744.msg6136#msg6136 date=1134695973]
I don't know why it took them this many years to allow businesses to register as businesses BUT besides eBay "offer[ing] business-specific services and events" as part of the new business account designation, they could also be setting the stage for a 2 tiered "business" and "individual" pricing plan...i.e. volume discounts for businesses.
[/quote]

Of course they're setting the stage for a 2 tiered pricing plan but i'm thinking they will charge higher fees for business then maybe offer a volume discount  Wink

Angel  Angel7
Quote:Of course they're setting the stage for a 2 tiered pricing plan but i'm thinking they will charge higher fees for business then maybe offer a volume discount 

I can see them doing that.  They could squeeze a little more out of small/medium sellers and at the same time make PeSA happy with the volume discounts.
Not by the hair of my chinnny chin chin.  Yet.

Puke
eBay introduced Business Identification in the UK in October

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/businesscentre/i...index.html

The UK version identifies the seller as a business on the listing page and includes the seller's full contact information on every listing

Buyers can also do searches by "type of seller" (business or personal)--i.e. they can exclude non-businesses, etc. when searching for empty Xbox360 boxes  Wink
Quote:The UK version identifies the seller as a business on the listing page and includes the seller's full contact information on every listing

Tongue2  For some vague reason, I just don't seem to want my cell phone number announced to all the weirdos in the cyberworld...........
Agree, I do think it is a way to set up a 2 tier pricing plan. And I think it is going to have a significant role in whatever fee restructuring is announced in January.  But also to disclose which stores belong to corporations/retailers from the Mom and Pop stores.  Only time will tell the benefits/disadvantages of each tier - we are willing to wait it out for awhile.

Rob
It's really sort of odd when you think about it.
In the UK, eBay justified this *enhancement* by saying it was required by EU regulations.

Uh, last I checked the US wasn't in the EU. 
Pages: 1 2