TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock Eliminates Telephone Support for Auction Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Customer Service Switching from Phones to Live Chat 
Hello everyone,

As our site grows, so do the number of Customer Service Requests we handle on a daily basis. In order to meet the needs of these requests quicker and more efficiently, we are moving all of our customer service representatives to a Live Chat platform.

Beginning later today, when a customer needs assistance and clicks on the customer service link at the bottom of any page or from our FAQ customer service page, they will be directed to the following static page.

www.auctions.overstock.com/help

(When called, the toll free number will refer Auctions customers to the above page)

From that page, they will have the option to initiate a live chat session with our CS Reps during business hours, or email their request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By switching from telephones to live chat, our Auctions Reps will no longer be distracted by taking overflow or misdirected calls from Overstock.com's shopping customers. This will result in more representatives available during peak hours to assist only our Auctions customers, and improve the turn-around time frames for issues that require emailed/written communication. This will also allow our dial-up customers to remain online with access to the site and their accounts while they receive the help they need.

Those of you who have contacted our CS department know how wonderful and adept our staff is in handling your requests. We are committed to continuing and improving upon this level of service. Please be patient with our reps as they become accustomed to using this new format (they will do the same for you.) Smile

As always, thank you for your continued support & loyalty as we expand and adapt to meet your needs!

Byron & the Staff of Overstock.com Auctions

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=11352&sid=389d6d3c6081366b150e18160609d259
I can sum up this new policy in one word: SUCKS  Smile  I prefer phone support when I have a problem.

...but when one of my customers has a problem I prefer to provide email support.  Yes, I'm a hypocrite.  :-[
bad, bad, bad, dumb, dumb, dumb!
It worked for eBay for 10 years! 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=1751.msg6304#msg6304 date=1135012169]
It worked for eBay for 10 years! 
[/quote] 2funny