TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Revise Your Item – Add Pictures to Active Listings Even After A Bid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:**Revise Your Item – Add Pictures to Active Listings Even After A Bid*** 

December 16, 2005 | 10:33AM PST/PT

Sellers can now use the Revise Your Item process to add eBay-hosted pictures to their listings, even after a bid has been placed for that item or if fewer than 12 hours remain in the listing, similar to how you can add extra description. In addition, if you didn’t list your item with any pictures originally, you can also select any listing upgrades (such as Supersize) that you want to include.

Please note that as before, any pictures already included when a bid is placed or when fewer than 12 hours remain in the listing cannot be edited or removed. You will also be unable to add pictures if both a bid has been placed and fewer than 12 hours remain in the listing. For more information about revisions for active listings, please go to the Revising Your Listing Help page.
I can only imagine how a dishonest person could abuse that!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=1765.msg6179#msg6179 date=1134777629]
I can only imagine how a dishonest person could abuse that!
[/quote]

I doubt if eBay cares if this enhancement adds a new way to cheat buyers. They get more fees from picture hosting and that is what counts.  Smile
I'm one that will NEVER user Ebay picture services.  What they do to a pic is CARP!!  I just registered with Etsy, and what they do to a pic is GREAT !!  I've always wondered why the biggest company on the internet (Feebay) can't contract with someone who can do great photo resizing.  It's just INSANE !!  *sigh*  Violent1

eBay forgot to do beta testing on this feature:

***Update: Business Registration, Add Pictures to Revised Items, and Digitally Delivered Goods*** 

December 21, 2005 | 11:05AM PST/PT

Last week we announced the addition of three new features: Business Registration, Adding Pictures to Active Listings Even After a Bid, and Digitally Delivered Goods. However, due to some issues while releasing the products, we decided to delay their launch. We hope to reintroduce these features within the next several weeks.

The entire eBay site is in Beta testing!