TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Penny Listings for Toronto-area sellers who offer Local Pickup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just when I thought eBay has been grasping out of desperation for new ideas of promotions, this one takes the cake.  I can't help but wonder - if this going to be the new wave of promo's that eBay's going to start pushing?

Quote:***1 cent Fixed Price listings for Toronto-area sellers who offer Local Pickup - December 19, 2005***   
18 December, 2005 | 14:00

eBay is having a 1 cent Listing Day for Toronto-area residents who offer local pickup in their Fixed Price listings. This promotion is a one-day test for the Local Pickup feature and, for now, will take place only in Toronto. If we see positive results, we will consider extending the promotion to other areas across Canada in the future.

It all starts Monday, December 19, 2005 at 00:00:01 EST (12:00 AM plus one second on December 12, 2005) and ends that same day Monday, December 19, 2005 23:59:59 EST (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

Here's how to take part in the promotion if you're a Toronto-area seller...

1) List your item in Fixed Price format on December 19, 2005 on eBay.ca, eBay.com or eBay Motors
2) You must specify "Will not ship - local pickup only" in the Sell Your Item form or you will not be eligible for the promotion.
3) Enter the promo code TOPU in your item title.
Insertion fees for these listings will be reduced to 1 cent after credit for Toronto-area users. Eligible listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period of December 19, 2005 will qualify for the promotional fee. Please note the discounted fees will not be immediately reflected on the site. You will see a credit to your seller's account by January 31, 2006.
Items re-listed on December 19 that match the above eligibility will qualify for the promotion. Canadian residents who registered on other eBay sites will still be eligible, provided your registered address is Canadian.
The promotion will exclude Auction-Format and Auction-Format with Buy It Now upgrade listings, Motors vehicles, Business and Industrial Capital Equipment, Store Inventory Format and Real Estate Ad Format listings. The promotion will also exclude users who do not specify "Will not ship - local pickup only" in the Sell Your Item form and users who are not located in the Toronto-area.

The promotional rate does not apply to listings created before the promotional period and then revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created during the promotion December 19, 2005, but scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

Promo Ad on eBay: http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/topu/
It seems like eBay is planning on moving heavily into the "local search/listings"  market next year.  This promotion, the planned live animal classifieds, and the local listings in eBay Motors planned for early 2006...

Quote:Please note the discounted fees will not be immediately reflected on the site. You will see a credit to your seller's account by January 31, 2006.

A few smilies say several thousand words>>  :Smile :Smile :Smile :Smile
Promo's that eBay's going too or "ARE" pushing...

Are in FACT acts of DESPERATION. IMO
I was just browsing through some of the eBay forums to see people's postings on this topic and I like this:

Quote:I think ebay.ca is having an inter-office contest to see who can come up with the craziest listing day sale.

I have to agree with that.  Then someone posted a reply to the above:

Quote:Next Week is for anyone who wears Fruit of the Loom Undies.

At least eBay is making people laugh and laughter is the best medicine.  Toothy9