TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Predicted Trends for 2006: Forrester Looks Into Online Retail's Future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The new year will see more multichannel integration, more drop-ship solutions, and a wider focus on security issues as merchants mature.

Online retailers in 2006 will concentrate on improving the checkout process and fulfillment methods, and on addressing security issues to ease consumer concerns, according to a new report...

..."A lot of retailers...feel they need to extend an offer at the drop of a hat in order to drive sales. Those that do are slipping through a downward spiral of decay." It's important for them to provide a fair price for the value, but those that provide specialty items like fashion and jewelry should concentrate more on servicing their particular customer segment.

full article: http://www.destinationcrm.com/articles/d...cleID=5698
Quote:include using online versions of print catalogs

I'm the opposite.  I'm planning a print catalog. 

I need to work on cross selling more related products in my store next year.
Buyers can print out a catalog from our web sites but we have no plans to do a snail mail catalog.
Multichannel Integration LOL
Sounds like more BUZZ phrases to me.

You want multichannel integration?
Get multichannel.
List anywhere and every where you can for FREE.

THAT'S  Multichannel Integration.
Quote:Drop ship will finally gain recognition in 2006,

Recognition can be good and bad.  Smile  I wouldn't suggest that eBay sellers try drop shipping as long as eBay is telling buyers first class mail delivery is 1-3 days.  Tongue

Quote:List anywhere and every where you can for FREE.

I've cut way back on the number of places I'm listing.  I have empty storefronts on eBay, iOffer, LiveDeal, Blujay, and BidChaser.

I have added a few new web sites over the past year though.
Quote:List anywhere and every where you can for FREE.

I submit to Froogle but the others I use cost:  Shopzilla, Yahoo Shopping, Become.com, Nextag, Shopping.com, and Kelkoo  Mrgreen
[quote author=valleygirl link=topic=1808.msg7228#msg7228 date=1136654201]

I submit to Froogle but the others I use cost:  Shopzilla, Yahoo Shopping, Become.com, Nextag, Shopping.com, and Kelkoo  Mrgreen
[/quote]

Only Froogle at the moment.