TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: BidPay to Shut Down December 31st
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
notice on BidPay's front page:

Quote:Effective December 31, 2005, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. As a result, BidPay will no longer offer payment services to the online auction industry. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank them for their loyal patronage. Customer service will remain available at bidpayservice@bidpay.com through the month of February.

http://www.bidpay.com
What next?  Tongue2  I've never had anyone use it, but geeezzzzzzzzzzz.

Now I'll have to get it out of all my listings.  BangHead
A few years back I used to offer BidPay in my auctions back before BidPay started getting a bad reputation with the Better Business Bureau and back then only one person ever used it for one of my auctions and they lived in Germany.  Most of my buyers are in the USA and Canada and most of those buyers preferred to pay by Paypal because it was free for them compared to BidPay.  I did however like that the buyer paid to use BidPay and not the seller.

Quote: Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to not resolving complaint(s) within the Bureau's time frame. The record also reflects unresolved complaint(s).

http://www.data.bbb.org/denver2.asp
Well there goes another payment option.  I'm sure ebay is thrilled about that.  Oh joy more revisions to make  Yuk
:blinkie: :blinkie:

Now I have to revise all listings in 2 stores.  Cussing
[quote author=snugglypuppy link=topic=1866.msg6527#msg6527 date=1135363543]
Well there goes another payment option.  I'm sure ebay is thrilled about that. [/quote]

I bet they are just licking their chops thinking they just got a Christmas present from BidPay.  ???
[quote author=Nat link=topic=1866.msg6531#msg6531 date=1135366358]
[quote author=snugglypuppy link=topic=1866.msg6527#msg6527 date=1135363543]
Well there goes another payment option.  I'm sure ebay is thrilled about that. [/quote]

I bet they are just licking their chops thinking they just got a Christmas present from BidPay.  ???
[/quote]

Probably.  When the new Safe Payment Policy goes into effect on January 15th there will be one acceptable online payment service...PayPal. 
Yes BBh I think you are absolutely right ...exactly what they wanted ... the control freeks win again

Smileybrainwashed Smileyclueless Smileyfleabay
Tongue2
Only 2 days left to revise alllllllllllllll of your listings.  Crybaby2
Pages: 1 2