TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Holiday Advice: Hangover Cures Don't Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:"No compelling evidence exists to suggest that any conventional or complementary intervention is effective for preventing or treating alcohol hangover," concludes a team led by Max Pittler, a research fellow in Complementary Medicine at Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth.

Their less-than-inspiring advice? Practice either abstinence or moderation when the glasses are being filled.

full article: http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/f...29851.html
Rubbish!  :hoxmassanta22:
Poppycock!

Drink a huge glass of water with a couple aspirin/tylenol/whatever you have...and no hangover! Works for me every time. Headbang
It also depends on what you drink. Vodka and other clear liquors have fewer impurities to add to the hangover. Long live the Rheinheitsgebot, or German Purity Law of 1516! More drink, less hangover!

The aspirin/water combo works for me most of the time! But if you have a woman yapping in your ear about how much you drink, only drinking more (not less) will reduce the chances of a major headache!
[quote author=champagnewishes64 link=topic=1872.msg6756#msg6756 date=1135780175]
Drink a huge glass of water with a couple aspirin/tylenol/whatever you have...and no hangover! Works for me every time. Headbang
[/quote]

Hey, that's what I've been doing for years.  Before bed, take 2 extra strength tylenol with a tall glass of water go to sleep and no headache, no nausea, no hangover for me either when I wake up in the morning.  Some say it's the tylenol, some say it's the water, I say I don't care as long as it works.  Especially when I visit my family out east (the bunch of lushes).  Laughing7