TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A new definition of keyword spamming from the eBay braintrust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seller's listing states " We do NOT accept Paypal from non-USA buyers".  eBay ends listing and sends email:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000046967

Quote:.. your listing was in violation of eBay's Keyword Spamming policy.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

Found in Seller's Payment Instructions: Paypal: We do NOT accept Paypal from non-USA buyers

Sellers who choose Paypal as a payment option in the listing process must accept all forms of Paypal, without restriction.

Sellers whose listings state they do not accept Paypal payments from  unconfirmed addresses have also reported having  listings ended for KWS.

The new eBay policy is NO REFUNDS when an auction is pulled.
Here's another thread on the same thing...and on this one PayPal Mouthpiece "PayPal Amanda" (one of my very least favorite eBay employees)  Wave  Thefinger  speaks:

Moronic PayPal Mouthpiece PayPal Amanda Wrote:The policy should have no effect on a seller's ability to require that buyer's provide domestic and/or confirmed addresses. Simply put sellers cannot discriminate against buyers based on how a buyer chooses to fund the payment. A seller can still specify which buyers they will accept PayPal payments from just not which type of payments..  Bs

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000046946&tstart=0&mod=1124327812427

seller with posting ID Wrote:eBay is also pulling listings for placing minimum amounts on the use of PayPal,such as no PayPal payments under $15.Which has nothing to do with funding sources.

If PayPal didn't try to regularly screw both buyers and sellers and actually provided the same level of "buyer protection" and "seller protection" that credit card companies provide their users then sellers wouldn't have a problem with accepting PayPal payments.  Hopefully some day PayPal will fall under the arm of a regulator.  :Smile
and yet another thread about listings pulled:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000046180&start=0
Quote:eBay is also pulling listings for placing minimum amounts on the use of PayPal,such as no PayPal payments under $15.Which has nothing to do with funding sources.
Good!  Believe it or not, that one is not some arbitrary BS made up by PayPal, but a condition of having a merchant account.  Another merchant account regulation is not being able to add surcharges for accepting a card, and I see that all of the time on eBay too.

It doesn't upset me online as much as it does in real life.  I never have cash and I don't want to buy crap I don't need to reach some minimum amount to be able to use my credit card.  When I first came to PA I stopped at a gas station, filled my tank, and paid at the pump.  Went inside to get newspapers so I could learn a little about the area and they refused to let me buy them because my total was less than $5.  I explained to the lady in no uncertain terms  Angel1 that she could not refuse to accept my card.  She told me "I guess you'll have to report us" so I did.
Quote:they refused to let me buy them because my total was less than $5.

...and you're complaining because the minimum was $5?  :twistedevil:  if you want to be annoyed come here where all of the grocery stores have a $15 minimum for both debit and credit cards (one store does have a low $10 minimum for debit cards  though...but still $15 for credit).  Ace Hardware's minimum is only $9  :Smile .  I too rarely carry cash and get annoyed at the minimums  Mrgreen
I don't agree with a seller requesting a minimum purchase amount to use a credit card, but I do understand.

My sister owned several video stores and verrrrry few people used credit cards, so when one did, she had to pay some stiff fees to process the credit card.  This is back in the day when it was 2 or 3 bucks to rent a video.  She DID accept cc because that is part of doing business, but she wasn't thrilled to do so.

Not all sellers on eBay are "businesses."  Some sellers are just people trying to make a few extra bucks.

Okay, shoot! 
Quote: if you want to be annoyed come here where all of the grocery stores have a $15 minimum for both debit and credit cards

Wow, I'd be pissed!  So if you need a gallon of milk you either have to a) go to the ATM or b) buy a bunch of other crap?  That bites.

Quote:Not all sellers on eBay are "businesses."  Some sellers are just people trying to make a few extra bucks.
So either take credit cards or don't. Wink  They can't just make up their own rules as they go. 

BTW, I'm just trying to make a few extra bucks myself - I just chose to set it up "legally".